|“||We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.||”|
Baldur's Gate (1998)
This icon stands for classic Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast installed
This icon stands for Tales of the Sword Coast content of classic Baldur's Gate
BG: EE (2012)
This icon stands for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition without Siege of Dragonspear installed
On a quest to fight the bandits and put an end to their operations, Ajantis traveled to the region, in hopes proving his worth to the as a paladin in order to earn him knighthood.
Ajantis is available to recruit from Chapter 1. He can be found in the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn, standing on the road south of the fishing village. If dismissed from the party, he will wait wherever the player left him.
- Ajantis will eventually attack any of the evil party members, but you can call him off by controlling him to do something else. You can also prevent an altercation from taking place by having Xan on the same party, as he will talk Ajantis down before things come to blows. Because Ajantis responds this way to all evil party members, individual evil characters will only be covered below if there is some interaction between the two beyond this.
- Ajantis gets along well with Branwen. He likes her and thinks she's beautiful, and she respects him for his prowess as a warrior.
- Ajantis also has a bit of a thing for Dynaheir, and will compliment her appearance. She responds positively to him, appreciating his decency.
- Edwin is actively disdainful towards Ajantis and will frequently insult him. As with all evil party members, Ajantis will eventually attack him.
- Ajantis especially dislikes Eldoth - In addition to his usual interactions with evil party members, Ajantis will regularly chastise Eldoth regarding his conduct towards the rest of the party.
- Ajantis disapproves of Faldorn's behavior and the way she approaches things.
- There is a strong mutual respect between Ajantis and Garrick, who both see each other as men of honor.
- Kagain is disdainful towards Ajantis and sees him as an altruistic moron. As with all evil characters, Ajantis will eventually attack Kagain.
- Ajantis gets along with Khalid very well.
- There is a strong mutual respect between Ajantis and Kivan.
- Quayle really rubs Ajantis the wrong way, but that's not too surprising, seeing as he has that effect on almost everyone.
- Ajantis and Safana have a rather interesting relationship. Ajantis disapproves of Safana's conduct and will chastise her for it, but at the same time, he does not discourage her frequent advances and in fact seems to rather enjoy the attention.
- Skie gets along well with Ajantis and sees him as a good friend.
- Though Ajantis will, as previously mentioned, eventually attack any evil party members, Tiax in particular will try to actively provoke him, throwing insults at him.
- Viconia is disdainful towards Ajantis and will try to boss him around. As with all evil party members, Ajantis will eventually attack her.
- Xan does not think highly of Ajantis and believes he is a man of hollow convictions and a shallow view of the world who is too eager to rush to his death. Ajantis, however, seems to genuinely respect Xan's opinions and advice - in fact, Xan is the only one who can talk Ajantis down and prevent him from attacking evil party members.
- Yeslick enjoys Ajantis's company and sees him as a friend.
- Ajantis despises Dorn Il-Khan and if he joins the party, Ajantis will leave. However, if Ajantis joins the party after Dorn, Dorn will not leave. They will still eventually fight though.
Next to Safana, Ajantis' Charisma of 17 is the highest of any companion in the game, making him an excellent leader for good-aligned parties to gain store discounts and favorable reaction adjustments. His good strength and constitution score let him fill both front-line combatant and tank role well.
Ajantis' level, skills and equipment upon initially picking him up scale according to the average party level. He will either be level 2, 4 or 6.
He has a rather poor skill set, as the Bastard Sword that he initially specialized in, and comes equipped with, is a one-handed weapon. It is far better to recruit him early, both to maximize his hp and to better manage his proficiencies.
- Enhanced Edition note: companions who are under-leveled at the time of joining will be given a certain amount of experience points (XP) for you to manually level them up to gain more control of their status.
Average Party Level
|Level||XP||Gold||Hit Points||Weapon Proficiencies||Old Proficiencies||Equipment|
|1.00 - 2.99||2||2263||5||
20 (Max possible:20+4)
|3.00 - 4.99||4||9026||26||32 (Max possible:40+8)||
45 (Max possible:60+12)
|“|| When asked about his past, AJANTIS announces that he is a squire paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, and that he enforces the power and discipline of Helm.|
He belongs to the noble family of Ilvastarr in Waterdeep and has studied swordplay under such luminaries as Myrmith Splendon. His skill and devotion apparently brought him to the attention of the paladin Keldorn, one of the most respected of the Order, who decided to take Ajantis under his wing as a squire.
Recently Ajantis has asked for the honor of becoming a full-fledged member of the Order. To accomplish this, he has traveled to the Sword Coast in order to help curtail the increased humanoid activity in the region. If he succeeds in his quest, the Order will vote on his eligibility for membership. He seems utterly devoted to his mission.
|Halt! Be you friend or foe?||Initial meeting|
|What cowardice is this?! Return to where you are needed.||Morale failure|
|We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.||Happy|
|This course we take is beyond all tenets of decency.||Unhappy-annoyed|
|I will not stand by while this party descends into depravity.||Unhappy-serious|
|Your evil ways end here! Draw steel and we will settle this dispute once and for all.||Unhappy-break|
|I take honor with this responsibility you have bestowed.||Leader|
|I grow weary.||Tired|
|We have much evil to fight; we have no time for idleness.||Bored|
|For the glory of Helm!||Battlecry1|
|Ah! I am in need of aid.||Hurt|
|This forest has a sense of evil about it.||Forest|
|This city has a sense of... evil about it.||City|
|This dungeon has a sense of evil about it.||Dungeon|
|My honor is my life.||Select1|
|Helm, give me strength!||Select2|
|As you will.||Action1|
|With Helm's blessing.||Action2|
|We must always strive to be role models to the meek.||Action4|
|Duty to one's cause outweighs all.||Action5|
|Evil will always fail against courage and honor.||Action6|
|Evil must be purged without mercy.||Action7|
|Your actions fly in the face of everything Helm holds sacred!||Interaction1|
|There is naught but good and evil. I suspect you are of the latter.||
|Evil must be purged wherever it is found, even among companions.||
|The stench of evil clings to you in the most vile manner.||
|I can bear no more. Raise your weapon and defend yourself!||
|I think it would be wise for you to improve your conduct while in this party.||Insult1|
|You are a man of honor. I respect your integrity.||Compliment1|
|You are a most beautiful lady, miss.||Special1|
|We can only be content that our companion has fallen while pursuing a just cause.||To death-general|
|It is unfortunate that our companion died before he could recant his ways.||To death-specific|
|I thank you for your compliment.||To compliment1|
|I may yet still be a squire, but I possess more integrity than you could ever hope for.||To insult1|
|You will watch your mouth around the fairer sex.||
|I cannot tarry about for idle conversation. As a paladin, there are many tasks that must be looked after!||Dialog default|
Ajantis has a short appearance in the quest Journey to the Windspear Hills. When the player first enters the Windspear Hills, a group of monsters will attack the party. Once they lay dead on the ground, it is revealed that they were actually a group of paladins of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, disguised by a spell from Lord Jierdan Firkraag. If Anomen or Keldorn are in the party, they will identify their leader as Ajantis.
Ajantis is a hot-headed do-gooder who senses evil everywhere and is rather quick to jump to conclusions. He is determined and dutiful and not afraid to die for the greater good. But he also rather naive and sees the world in only black and white. Furthermore, he is a gentleman and will make sure people behave when women are around.
- Ajantis' portrait is based on BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka.
- He is also one of the main characters of the 1998 promotional Baldur's Gate comic.
- Ajantis Ilvastarr on the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a guide to the fantasy universe named the Forgotten Realms.