|“||With a smile!||”|
Alora is available to recruit from Chapter 5. She can be found in the Halls of Wonder after 8 PM and will join the party with no quest needed, but not before the party have three short conversations with her. She will most likely be encountered during Larceny at the Hall of Wonders.
- Dynaheir dislikes Alora and is very rude to her. Alora doesn't like Dynaheir all that much either. This probably has something to do with how friendly Alora is with Edwin, especially considering she'll sometimes step in to defend him when he and Dynaheir argue.
- Alora strikes up an unlikely friendship with Edwin, and the two get along very well. It's clear Edwin has a huge soft spot for her and enjoys her company. This is one of the more interaction-heavy relationships in the game. The two talk a lot.
- Eldoth doesn't interact with Alora much at all, but will insult her whenever she mentions liking Garrick's music.
- Alora is fond of Garrick's music, and will ask him to play for her a lot.
- Alora and Kagain don't get along at all, and the two get into a lot of arguments.
- Kivan dislikes Alora's talkativeness and will shush her a whole lot. Alora thinks that Kivan is a huge grump.
- Minsc is rather fond of Alora, and may be a bit concerned about her friendship with Edwin, considering he advises her to choose her friends wisely. Alora, in general, gets along with Minsc. But, she gets along even better with Boo.
- Montaron and Alora really dislike each other. Montaron thinks Alora is too much of a goody-two-shoes idiot, and Alora thinks Montaron is super mean. She's not wrong.
- Quayle and Alora don't get along much. Then again, no one really gets along with Quayle.
- Alora doesn't like Shar-Teel much and thinks she needs to lighten up.
- Viconia sees Alora as a pushover and insults her for it. Alora doesn't understand why Viconia is always so mean to her.
- Alora puts in a great effort to cheer Xan up, despite how often he snaps at her for it. She thinks he's super grumpy and kind of mean, but this does not seem to discourage her from her efforts.
- Yeslick is very fond of Alora and enjoys her company.
She always has the following items in her inventory when joining: a dagger, studded leather vest and her Rabbit's Foot lucky charm, which cannot be removed.
As a halfling with 12 Constitution, Alora receives a -3 bonus on saves against Death, Spells and Wands.
Enhanced Edition note: companions who are under-leveled at the time of joining will be given a certain amount of experience points (XP) for you to manually level them up to gain more control of their status.
Average Party Level
|Level||XP||Gold||Hit Points||Weapon Proficiencies||Old Proficiencies||Equipment||Thieving Abilities||Old Thieving Abilities|
|1.00 - 4.99||4||5012||45||
14 (Max possible: 24)
19 (Max possible: 36)
|“|| When asked about her past, ALORA reveals that she was originally from Iriaebor.|
As a child she was cute, outgoing, and dangerously curious, causing no end of trouble for her parents. They tried to curb her lunatic behavior, and encouraged her to be content with home and hearth like other halflings. Alora found this unbearably stifling, and left to explore the world.
She quickly found herself falling into all sorts of trouble, going to the wrong places and angering the wrong sorts of people. Eventually she found herself in the city of Baldur's Gate, and it was there that she discovered her future profession: thievery. Wealth was never her chief concern; it's just that too many interesting things are behind locked doors.
Her unassuming temperament makes it easy for her to hoodwink the authorities, and her sweet nature has saved her from a jail cell numerous times.
|Blast and bother! These locks have always given me trouble! Trouble, they are!||Initial meeting|
|AHHH! Somebody hide me!||Morale failure|
|Isn't this great? All of us, doing nice things, being happy. It's great!||Happy|
|Hey, I think everyone would be happier if we were a little nicer!||Unhappy-annoyed|
|Please be nicer. You don't want me to pick up any bad habits, do you?||Unhappy-serious|
|I don't think you're the type of people I should be hanging around with! Goodbye!||Unhappy-break|
|Wow, leader? Me? Oh, this'll be GREAT fun!||Leader|
|*yawn* I'm sleepy. Can we nap a moment?||Tired|
|So when are we gonna do something? I'm raring to go!||Bored|
|Careful, everyone! Play nice!||Battlecry1|
|I'm hurt! Please help me.||Hurt|
|What a great forest, huh? I never seen trees like these before.||Forest|
|I like the bustle of the city! So many interesting people!||City|
|Ooh, this is pretty scary, isn't it? I-I-I mean, I'd be scared with-without the rest of you.||Dungeon|
|What a great day for adventuring! In fact, every day is a great day for adventuring!||Day|
|Pretty spooky night, but still great for adventuring!||Night|
|Whatever you wish!||Select1|
|Whatever you need!||Select2|
|Hey there, hi there!||Select3|
|Hop skip to it!||Action1|
|With a smile!||Action2|
|Happy to help!||Action3|
|I'm so sweet I've got rotting teeth and gums!||Action4|
|C'mon, people, now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together; try to love one another right now.||Action5|
|I don't think you're happy enough! I'll teach you to be happy!||Action6|
|Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy!||Action7|
|So you're a mage? I knew a mage once, but he was pretty stuffy. You're not like that.||Interaction1|
|Smile more often, Edwin. It looks good on you.||
|Well, everyone is basically decent, once you get them to unwrinkle their faces.||
|Play your song again, Garrick. That one I like. Please?||
|Awww! It's just the cutest little hamsty-wamsty! Who's a fuzzy Boo?||
|Why must you be such a grumpypuss?! Cheer up!||Insult1|
|I've heard that if you go too long without smiling, your face will crack!||
|It must be hard work to be negative all the time!||Insult3|
|I've had friends die before, and it's still sad.||To death-general|
|Poor Edwin! He was just learning how to loosen up.||To death-specific|
|Oh, someone needs a tickle. Someone needs a tickle! Smile already! Yeesh!||To compliment1|
|You needn't be so mean! I'm nice to you!||
|You are mean, mean, mean! No wonder people don't like you!||To insult2|
- Alora article at the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the medieval fantasy universe named the Forgotten Realms.