|“||The best leaders also follow.||”|
Anomen Delryn is a Lawful Neutral (Lawful Good if he becomes a knight, Chaotic Neutral if he fails his test) human dual-class fighter/cleric, a potential companion in Baldur's Gate II and the only love interest for female protagonists in the original game.
Anomen can be found in the Copper Coronet, just like Nalia and Korgan, but unlike them, he does not have a subquest as reason for joining the party. He is a member of Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, but not yet a knight - he can become one after the subquest Anomen Returns Home After his Sister's Death is completed.
As a dual-classed fighter and cleric, Anomen works best as a tank who can also heal/ buff. His low dexterity does him no favours, so it is adviced to equip him with the Gauntlets of Dexterity to make sure he can actually hit something.
Gear Anomen has the following gear when he joins the party:
- Splint Mail
- Delryn Family Shield (only usable by him; AC 2; 30% fire/cold resistance)
Anomen is a squire in a large paladin order and deeply insecure due to his father's treatment of him. He overcompensates through aggressive behavior and one-upmanship and is shown to care a great deal about what others think of him. However, Anomen also seems to want to do right, and protect those who can't protect themselves.
|“||When asked about his past, Anomen is quick to state that he has been serving the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart for years, and after his Test he will be a full and true knight. Anomen is reluctant, however, to speak of his noble upbringing, saying only that he entered the Order without the support his father, Lord Cor Delryn. Since he could not be sponsored as a squire, Anomen chose the route of the warrior and priest of Helm, the god of Guardians, and has fought many battles over the years against forces of evil. Anomen often says that he is confident that he will prove worthy of his knighthood, but sometimes seems to be trying to convince himself of that fact more than anyone.||”|
- Female Human/ Elf/ Half-Elf/ Halfling protagonists have the option to romance Anomen.
- Aerie & Keldorn will eventually come to blows with Anomen if he fails his test for knighthood.
- Dorn - Conflicts
- Hexxat - Conflicts
- Moira Delryn is Anomen's beloved sister.
- Cor Delryn is Anomen's father. The two of them can't stand each other.
- He is the Squire of Sir Ryan Trawl and a member of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.
It is possible for to romance Anomen. The requirements for the protagonist are to be female and either a human, elf, half-elf or halfling. The player does not have to brownnose him but he doesn't like being made fun off and sometimes he will get angry for seemingly no good reason.
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of AmnEdit
Anomen will begin the romance by saying "I prithee, my lady..." and will continue to talk to her about his heroic accomplishments and his past, as well as ask her about her adventures at Baldur's Gate. After five conversations, he will begin the next dialogue with "My lady, I feel most terrible about my burst of temper the previous day..." After this conversation, the next time you return to an outdoor area, a messenger named Terl comes to Anomen telling him that his sister was murdered, and Anomen asks to speak with his father about how this happened. Upon entering the Delryn Estate, Anomen's father, Cor Delryn, claims that a man named Saerk Farrahd was responsible for the murder, and orders Anomen to go to Saerk's estate and kill him. You must then choose to either advise Anomen to listen to his father, or let the law handle it and move on (see Anomen Returns Home After his Sister's Death for more information). After that quest, Anomen will begin again with the lovetalk. Soon, he will start a conversation with "My Test is coming very soon, my lady." at which point, you may go to the Order for Anomen to take his test. Depending on the decision you made earlier about his NPC quest, he will either pass or fail the test. It is possible to continue the romance either way.
Several days after that, Anomen is again approached by Terl, who reveals the real murderer(s) of Moira (see Anomen Returns Home After his Sister's Death for details).
After that, Anomen will continue with a few more lovetalks in which you will officially start 'dating'.
After returning from the Underdark, when you reach the graveyard district, Bodhi will abduct Anomen from your party and turn him into a vampire (if you have successfully completed the romance with him) and you will be forced to kill him. Don't panic! There's a way to get him back! Visit the Reviving Your Dead Lover page to find out how.
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of BhaalEdit
Anomen's romance will continue in Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal if you meet these requirements:
- You import your game from Shadows of Amn or continue from Shadows of Amn straight into the expansion pack.
- You continue with the same party as you had in Shadows of Amn.
- You have completed his romance in Shadows of Amn.
If you meet all of these requirements, then the romance continues. Anomen will become increasingly nervous about your destiny. All you have to do is calm him down and tell him that you love him and want to be together forever. He will eventually ask you to marry him!For a full walkthrough of the detailed conversations, see the Anomen Romance video here:
- "Long live the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, for I draw from the pool of right and strike in their name!"
- "You have obviously given considerable thought to the future of this group. I accept the charge gladly." (when made leader).
- "Why do we pace about when there is evil to be fought?! There is no glory in watching the grass grow." (when standing idle too long).
- "I must admit I am pleased with the progress this ill conceived group has made, I did not think such a thing was possible" (when Reputation is high - only when a knight)