Antidotes cure the imbiber instantly from poisoning, but unlike the Elixir of Health, they don't heal hit points which may have been lost from poison. This items appears in Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II.
Where it can be foundEdit
Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword CoastEdit
Available for Purchase: Edit
- Temple of Oghma in Candlekeep
- Temple of Wisdom at the Friendly Arm Inn
- Temple of Helm in Nashkel
- Temple of Yondalla and Alvanhendar's Fine Wines
- Sorcerous Sundries
- Black Lily at the Thieves' Guild
- Unnamed Store in the northernmost row of buildings in Baldur's Gate Southeast
- Well-Adjusted Al's General Store in Baldur's Gate Southeast
- Both potion shops in Baldur's Gate Southwest
- High House of Wonders in Baldur's Gate West
- Temple of Helm in Baldur's Gate North
- Ulgoth's Beard Inn
- Erdane, who is standing just outside Durlag's Tower
Quest Reward: Edit
- Landrin's Spiders - Landrin gives the party 6 antidotes, but only if NPC reaction is 15 or greater
- Zordral's Witchhunt - Bentha will reward the party with an antidote if you demand a reward for saving her. Otherwise, she gives you a Potion of Heroism.
- Dryad of the Cloud Peaks - The dryad will give you an antidote if you act immediately to help her without asking for any payment.
Found/Stolen as Treasure: Edit
- Can be pickpocketed from The Surgeon
- In the treasure stash in Black Alaric's Cave
- First floor of Amarande's treehouse in the Cloakwood Druids area
- First floor of Ghorak's house near the Baldur's Gate Docks
- First floor of a locked house in Baldur's Gate Southwest. The house is located just south of Tiax.
- Two can be found on the third deck of the Wandering Eye.
- Six can be found in the lift chamber in the first basement of the Labyrinth beneath Durlag's Tower.
- Four can be found in the storeroom in the first basement of the Labyrinth beneath Durlag's Tower.
- One can be found in the statue room in the second basement of the Labyrinth beneath Durlag's Tower.
- Four can be found in the glowing caverns in the fourth basement of the Labyrinth beneath Durlag's Tower. Three are found in pools and one is found in a mushroom patch.
Dropped as Loot: Edit
- Dryad of the Cloud Peaks
- Diyab, the human Cleric / Thief on the top floor of the Iron Throne Headquarters
- During the quest Marek and Lothander, Lothander will give you an antidote. This is not to be confused with Marek's Potion of Antidote, which is used to cure the party of the slow poison that will kill them in ten days. This regular antidote can also be pickpocketed from Lothander or taken from his corpse, though doing so will result in the eventual death of the party, because the quest will then be unfinishable and the party will be unable to get Marek's half of the antidote.
- Hull will give you one if you ask him for one during your return to Candlekeep in Chapter 6.
Baldur's Gate II: Shadow of AmnEdit
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of BhaalEdit
|“||As the name implies, this potion will neutralize any poison of which the imbiber is currently suffering the effects. The cleansing is instant and the potion may only be used once.||”|
Can be used in Edit
- Cespenar can use the potion to upgrade Thieves' Hood (Thieves' Hood, Antidote, Ring of Invisibility, and 5,000 gold are needed)
- There is another potion which has the same name, but it will not cure poison; rather, it bestows a curse upon the consumer.