|45px||Area North of Gnoll Stronghold is one of the areas from the World Map.|
Area North of Gnoll Stronghold, also known as "Bear River"
- Northern bridge, an ambush by Ogre Berserkers and Hobgoblin Elite archers on the western side. The archers shoot poison arrows. Strategies, roughly in order of preference:
- Engage with a full party of ranged attackers;
- approach from the West after crossing the southern bridge;
- retreat to the east and engage the Ogre Berserkers out of range of as many of the archers as possible;
- avoid the whole thing.
- (doesn't apply to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, where the Ogres and Hobgoblins are spread along the bridge)
- Neville at 3800, 850 is an unusually polite bandit. He has 5 hobgoblins hidden in the trees to help him.
- Jared at one end of the southern bridge (4675, 3665) and a bear at the other meet up for the side quest Jared and the Bear .
- A Hungry Ogre at 415, 920 offers little besides some entertaining dialog.
- Laurel is a Paladin at 1275, 1115 with a quest for you: help her fend off The Gibberling Hordes.
Rest may be disturbed by Ogres or Ogre Berserkers.
- N: nothing (exit only to already known areas)
- W: no exit
- S: Gnoll Stronghold 4 hrs
- E: Xvart Village 12 hrs