|Area Northwest of Nashkel|
|Notable inhabitants||Drizzt, Chelan, Torlo and Zargal|
|45px||Area Northwest of Nashkel is one of the areas from the World Map.|
Area Northwest of Nashkel, otherwise known as Fisherman's Lake
- Chelan and Torlo, are fishermen who constantly argue over which of them the area was named after. (Just kidding.) They were once miners, but have newly commenced the profession of "fish wrangling." Torlo can be found at co-ordinates 1595, 1065 and Chelan at 2150, 1180.
- Half-Ogres around the northwestern quarter of the map are the part of Bjornin quest. In Baldur's Gate I it is bugged and it will likely fail, he will stand around the Jovial Juggler forever, asking if they have been killed.
- Teyngan at 3850, 1350. Bandit who wants all the party's money. His henchmen: Zekar, and Mage Jemby. Give him the money or kill them (915 exp, Mace, Quarter Staff, Composite Long Bow, Bastard Sword, Arrows, Arrows of Biting, Helmet (2), Leather Armor, Splint Mail, Mage Robe of Fire Resistance, Bandit Scalp (3), Potion of Healing, Resist Fear spell, Chromatic Orb spell, Larloch's Minor Drain spell, Random Treasure, 121 gp).
- Injured Hobgoblin at 4130, 2160 asks for healing and money. You can:
- Drizzt Do'Urden at 2645, 2105. He wants the party's help with some Gnolls. D&D lore, and Drizz't's stats in BG1, would definitely have it that Drizz't needs no sort of help from the party to kill anything in BG1, but perhaps a bit of shared killing is just his way of relating to normal adventuring folk, his common touch, if you will. He has some very powerful items, Frostbrand, a scimitar +3, Twinkle, a scimitar +5 and Mithril Chain Mail +4, but he is very hard to kill.
Tactics for killing DrizztEdit
- Get Drizzt's attention (click on him, then stop the party's movement) to make him stop walking, then surround him with ex-party members, (stand next to them, and then boot them from the party). Attack him with ranged weapons, or extra-range weapons like Spears and Halberds, or a Quarter Staff.
- Put the party on the island, and approach and pull Drizzt towards the shore with a sacrificial sixth Companion. If the 'path nodes' setting is much higher than 2000, Drizzt will be able to find his way around to the island.
- Bring a Stealthed Thief in range of Drizz't so the party Cleric (level 5 or better) can target Drizz't with some summoned Skeletons (Animate Dead) Tell the skeletons to attack, and immediately pull the Thief back. Wait sometime and the critical hits will eventually kill him.
- Note- It is confirmed that he can be pickpocketed, but be careful with saving and reloading if you attempt to pickpocket after all dialogue has been exhausted with him, as he will disappear even after re-loading.
- If the party is evil, you can taunt Drizzt from the start and say you'll help the Gnolls. On some occasion, he may ignore the Gnolls completely and only go for your party. If this happens, the Gnolls may surround him and keep him from moving, and Drizzt won't retaliate against them. Leave the Gnolls alive to help kill Drizzt, or put them to sleep to keep them from possibly drawing his attention. This worked in the Enhanced Edition.
- You can also let the gnolls kill Drizzt. Simply tell him that you will help, and when the fight begins, initiate dialogue repeatedly. The gnolls will only hit on natural 20s, so it will take a while, but you can just stand to the side and laugh.
- Use Invisibility and stand at the edge of vision of Drizzt. He won't start conversation since you are invisible, but the gnolls will start attacking him (he just stays still doing nothing). After about 10 minutes you can loot his dead corpse.
- N: Red Canyons (Area South of High Hedge) 8 hrs
- W: two areas
- S: Xvart Village (Area West of Nashkel) 12 hrs
- E: Area North of Nashkel 12 hrs
Yes, Xvart Village may be discovered by exiting the Fisherman's Lake area from either the west or the south sides.