|Baldur's Gate East is one of the areas from the World Map.|
Baldur's Gate East is the area where you enter the city from Wyrm's Crossing. Welcome to the big city!
- Lucky Aello's. All cursed potions are colored differently than their normal counterparts, except for one; all of Aello's potions are cursed except for the Potion of Perception, with its boost to Thief skills.
- Keexie Tavern, AR0154. Just a tavern, nothing special about it.
- Thieves' Guild AR0153. Talk to Niklos at 1550, 1790, gives an invitation to the Thieves' Guild, and more importantly, the password, 'Fafhrd'. After accepting the quest from Alatos to steal the plans and other means of creating airships from Oberan's Estate in Baldur's Gate Central, the party will be given free run of the Thieves' Guild.
- Sorcerous Sundries AR0703. Spells and the like, and the proprietor will also turn the Nymph Hair from the Captive Nymph quest (starts in Baldur's Gate North) into a Nymph Cloak (like the one Algernon in Beregost has). If the party already has Algernon's Cloak, they may wish to give the new one to Pheirkas, in the house south of where Skie Silvershield is found. The reward is low, though.
- Maltz' Weapon Shop, 1st floor AR0803
- Arkion in locked house AR0805 at 1600, 3200. Collect for his experiments, one corpse from the sewers. The objective is the East Sewers, and opinions vary about the quickest way there; the closest should be the grating just northeast of the Sorcerous Sundries shop, and then once down, heading East. However, the cocoons, whether of spiders or carrion crawlers, do not seem to be where they are supposed to be. So the next nearest would be the grating closest to the Seven Suns in Baldur's Gate Southwest, which exits next to a bathtub with a floater. Head to Baldur's Gate Southeast to find Nemphre. Give Arkion's Bloodstone Amulet and Nemphre's Onyx Ring to Ordulinian in Sorcerous Sundries -3500 XP, Cloak of Non-Detection.
- Elfsong Tavern AR0705
- First floor
- Second floor
If your Reputation is lower than 3 you will be attacked by groups of three Flaming Fist Enforcers, a Flaming Fist Scout and a Flaming Fist Battle Wizard. The Flaming Fist will attack suddenly both on the streets and in the Elfsong Tavern.
Once the party has gone to transition between an area and any other area adjacent to it, even if they do not actually visit it, they can thenceforth travel to that area once on the transition map; it takes 0 hours. As with other World Map transitions, the direction the party was traveling from affects which side of the map they enter a map.
Because two areas are split by a wall through the center, and each side of the area can only be visited by traveling from the adjacent zone. E.g., Baldur's Gate Northeast, east side, can only be visited by transitioning from the areas south of the city wall except Baldur's Gate Southeast (Baldur's Gate East, Baldur's Gate Docks, and Baldur's Gate Southwest.
By the same token, Baldur's Gate Northeast, west side can only be visited from Baldur's Gate Southeast and the areas north of the wall. The other split area is Baldur's Gate West; its western section, and the merchant there who buys Ankheg Shells, is only accessible from Baldur's Gate Southwest and Baldur's Gate Southeast.