Administrators or sysops are Baldur's Gate Wiki editors responsible for the wiki's well being. They are trusted users who have proven their ability and dedication to the Wiki.
If you have any questions, ideas or problems leave a message for an admin. Admins regularly visit and edit the Wiki so you can be sure they will receive and reply to you message quickly.
Admins do not own the wiki and are equal to other editors in terms of responsibility for wiki articles.
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While most things can be done by anyone, administrators can access a few additional functions:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Having access to AdminDashboard, which is the command center of this wiki. You can find a lot of things from here very easily.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
There are currently six admins.
- Thomaslove92; Founder (currently semi-active)
- 23dutch45man; Bureaucrat (passive)
- Erik the Mad; Administrator
- Islandking; Administrator (passive)
- Faalagorn; Administrator
- Dsurian; Administrator
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. Here we praise social skills as much as editing skills, as well as respect for hierarchy and overall leadership qualities that are all necessary for a perfect performance of admin-duties inside the wiki environment.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrative powers to settle editing disputes (e.g. to lock a page on a version they prefer in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism). Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.