This page contains information which will help new editors on this wiki. If this doesn't help you, leave a comment below or visit the forum. If have some improvements or some tips, use the comments section below. This page has last been updated at 18 January 2017.
Administrators or sysops are Baldur's Gate Wiki editors responsible for the wiki's well being. They are trusted users who have proven their ability and dedication to the Wiki. If you have any questions, ideas or problems leave a message for an admin. Admins regularly visit and edit the Wiki so you can be sure they will receive and reply to you message quickly.
Admins do not own the wiki and are equal to other editors in terms of responsibility for wiki articles. For more information about administrators and who are administrators, visit this page.
Basic editing helpEdit
Advanced editing helpEdit
Wikia's use category to organise pages which are related to each other and to make pages easier to find.
This wiki uses the following categories for all pages which are originally related to the games. This does not include content from mods.
- Category:Baldur's Gate (games), for all content from the original Baldur's Gate and the expansion pack, Tales of the Sword Coast.
- Category:Baldur's Gate II, for all content from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.
- Category:Baldur's Gate: EE for all content from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
- Category:Baldur's Gate II: EE for all content from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
This wiki uses the following categories for the novels:
- Category:Baldur's Gate (novel), for all content from Baldur's Gate, the novel.
- Category:Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (novel), for all content from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn the novel.
- Category:Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (novel), for all content from Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal the novel.
For example, the page of Viconia DeVir should have four categories, as she appears in Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II and the enchaned editions.
All pages with Template:Infobox item automatically have the Category:Items. All other categories have to be added manually. If you are making a page about a weapon, you have to add Category:Weapons and one category depending on the type of weapon, for example:
- Category:Scimitars & Wakizashi's & Ninja-to's
- Category:Flails & Morning Stars
- Category:Long Swords
- Category:Short Bows
- Category:Ammunition, for arrows, bolts and bullets.
The same rule applies to a page about armor as well. Add Category:Armor and a second category depending on the type. For example:
- Category:Arm protection for gauntlets, bracers and gloves.
- Category:Necklaces for amulets and necklaces
- Category:Body Armor, for all types of armor covering most of the body, expect robes.
Another big category from items is Category:Consumables. All items which can only be used a couple of items or only once must be added to this category. Subcategories of this category are:
Images, Screenshots and VideosEdit
You can find instructions on how to make screenshots and upload images on this page. You can add a video on a page by adding an URL (Uniform Resource Locater), the link of the page in the webbrowser. You can URL's from youtube, vimeo and many more video hosting sites.
Help for pagesEdit
Model Pages are examples of how a good page about an item, spell, NPC, companion and etcetera should like. These pages are guidelines, you can always take a different approach if you think that makes the page better.
Manuals of styleEdit
Templates and infoboxesEdit
The used infoboxes on this wiki can be found here. The instructions on how to use them can be found on the page of the template itself.
If you want to see userboxes you can add to your profile page, click on the link.
- You can use Special:Whatlinkshere to find links to other pages which may information about the subject. Note: It's a capital-sensitive searching engine, in case you don't have a result, try to change the capital letters.