Boo appears in one of Minsc's quick item boxes, which is where potions and scrolls would go. If the player clicks on Boo, he will make a squeak and will run away as you try to get him while Minsc will give you a harsh glare.
Some of Minsc's dialog includes Boo in it. For example:
- "Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!"
- "Camaraderie, adventure and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right Boo?".
- "Ahh, we are all heroes, you and me and Boo, hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!"
Baldur's Gate IIEdit
In Baldur's Gate II, Boo will squeak when Minsc says certain quotes. The hamster is often mentioned when Minsc is engaged in dialog. For example, Imoen has one banter in which she reveals that she would like to have a hamster for her own. And Jan Jansen will try to steal Boo several times, without success.
- When trying to shut down any Baldur's Gate game in the Bhaalspawn serie from the GUI, you get the following notification: "Are you sure you want to quit? Boo will miss you..."
- There are several BioWare games in which references are made to Boo. In Mass Effect 2, Shepard can buy a space hamster in a pet shop.
- Boo is also alluded to in Torment: Tides of Numenera, where you can meet a trader named Madelia Glittering who has three orbs orbiting her head, each containing a rodent. The rodents are named Bei, Bu and Bao, and are not for sale.
- Boo is very endearing and will miss the player whenever the game is inactive.
- Gorion's Ward can unwittingly make an allusion to Boo, whether or not they have encountered Minsc before, when first meeting Melicamp the Chicken: "I fear I have taken one too many blows to the head. Next I'll be hearing hamsters speak."