Borda is a travelling vendor in the Xvart Village area west of Nashkel at 680, 1610. He will immediately approach the protagonist or their party and offer a few magical items for sale, through dialogue. You will be unable to sell him anything, and only be able to buy a single item, but be aware - the things he sells are all cursed. The alternatives are turning him down or try to rob him; the former ques his exit, while the later starts hostilities. You can steal he 5 times, you get the three items he is selling and web scroll (not cursed) + Color Spray scroll (not cursed).
For a tough fight, choose dialogue option 5. His death yields 900 xp, a Short Sword +1, various loot including his cursed merchandise, with pointedly no Reputation penalty, though be warned - he's a powerful spell-caster with a high magic resistance.
"Why, looky here. A finer bunch of adventurers, I don't think I've ever seen. Hmm, though from the looks of it, you don't seem to be that well equipped. Well, you're in a lot of luck, I can solve all of your problems. I have a huge collection of potions and scrolls, all for a cheap price. Right now I can give you a potion of extra healing for 25 gold, a scroll of protection from petrification for 25 gold, or a scroll of protection from magic for 100 gold. So what do ya say?"
- 1. Sorry, but we're not really needing to stock up right now.
- "You don't know what you're missing." (End - Flee)
- 2. How about the potion of extra healing?...
- "This potion can be a lifesaver, trust me." (End - Flee)
- 3. The scroll of protection from petrification looks good.
- "Great protection against basilisks. See you later." (End - Flee)
- 4. Protection from magic! Say no more, we want that.
- "This scroll is a dandy. If you ever find yourself in a battle against magic users, just read this one off, and you'll have no worries." (End - Flee)
- 5. I don't think we really need to buy anything from you. You hand over all of your precious potions and scrolls, or we'll take them from you by force.
- "Holy bloodthirsty! You guys obviously don't calm down often to think about things. Okay now, let me explain: I'm selling magic items for cheap. Therefore, I have easy access to said items. Therefore, you just called out the wrong guy." (End - Hostile)