|“||Tempus! Give us victory!||”|
Branwen is available from Baldur's Gate Chapter 2. She can be found at the Nashkel Carnival and will offer to join the party once you use a Stone to Flesh scroll to free her from her petrification state.
She also appears in the Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn tutorial, she explains how to turn undead and use priest spells.
- Branwen has respect for Ajantis as a warrior. Ajantis also seems to find her attractive.
- Coran finds Branwen attractive and will shamelessly flirt with her.
- Dynaheir seems to respect Branwen and enjoy her company.
- Branwen dislikes Edwin, sees his company as shameful, and believes him to be completely morally bankrupt.
- Eldoth finds Branwen intriguing and will attempt to put the moves on her.
- Garrick thinks highly of Branwen and sees her as a very caring person.
- Branwen is on the short list of People Jaheira Approves Of.
- Khalid gets along with Branwen.
- There is a strong mutual respect between Branwen and Kivan.
- Branwen thinks very highly of Minsc. Should he die, she will even comment on what a shame it is to lose such an accomplished warrior.
- Branwen dislikes Quayle, and believes him to have no redeeming qualities. Quayle will not actively insult her, but will comment that violence is a trademark of low intelligence if she ends up in a fight with Tiax.
- There is some measure of respect between Branwen and Shar-Teel, and the two get along fairly well. Branwen has some problems with Shar-Teel's attitude and dubious moral leanings, but respects her as a warrior and believes she's got more backbone than most men in the party.
- Branwen absolutely cannot stand Tiax, seeing him as a vile, blasphemous heretic. The two bicker almost constantly, and they will fight to the death if they're both on the same party for too long.
- Branwen very much dislikes Xzar.
- Yeslick believes Branwen is a bit too quick to rush into battle, and will gently remind her periodically that not all problems can be solved by bashing them on the head with a warhammer.
With a Wisdom score of 16, Branwen can have two extra level 1 and level 2 cleric spells which are very useful.
She also has the special ability, Spiritual Hammer, a level 2 cleric spell, which provides multiple uses and replenishes whenever the party rests. As a result, she can freely use the spell multiple times between rests without taking up level 2 memorization slots.
She has no items when she joins the party.
- Enhanced Edition note: companions who are under-leveled at the time of joining will be given a certain amount of experience points (XP) for you to manually level them up to gain more control of their status.
|“|| When asked about her past, BRANWEN reveals that she left her home of Seawolf in the Norheim Isles at an early age. She was apparently reviled by her own people for wanting to become a priest, a station reserved exclusively for the men of the village. She harbors no resentment, realizing that her faith must face such tests or be worthless.|
She traveled the coast, offering her services to local militias, and eventually came into the employ of an adventuring troup in the Nashkel area. Branwen had no idea that the group was participating in banditry, however, and on their first raid, she balked at attacking a caravan of unarmed merchants. She rebelled, and a mage named Tranzig turned her to stone in the ensuing fight.
Despite the unfavorable outcome, Branwen feels that Tempus views her actions approvingly. To attack those that are unarmed is the basest of villainy.
|By the ice breath of Auril! 'Tis good to see new faces and taste freedom again.||Initial meeting|
|Tempus, forgive my cowardice.||Morale failure|
|I am proud to stand among such strong warriors.||Happy|
|Our actions are not those of warrior born.||Unhappy-annoyed|
|What sort of craven cowards are we?||Unhappy-serious|
|I can no longer honorably work with such as you.||Unhappy-break|
|I have always dreamt of leading such a worthy band.||Leader|
|Ooh, I'm tired.||Tired|
|Damn the icicles of Auril. I'm BORED.||Bored|
|Tempus! Give us victory!||Battlecry1|
|*groan* 'Tis but a flesh wound.||Hurt|
|By Tempus's shield!||Select1|
|What is your command?||Select2|
|'Tis a fine day to die.||Action1|
|If Tempus wills it.||Action2|
|By Valkur's mighty blade!||Action3|
|'Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees.||Action4|
|May Auril bestow the frost kiss upon our enemies!||Action5|
|By Valkur's strapping buttocks!||Action6|
|A god's favor is fickle, at best.||Action7|
|Shar-Teel seems to have more spine than a lot of the men in this party.||Interaction1|
|You are valiant of action, Shar-Teel. A pity your spirit is mismatched.||
|Stay well clear of me, you foul speakin' heretic!||
|Tempus would guide your wayward soul, if you let him.||
|May Tempus someday show you the error of your ways.||
|Ha! In a war of virtues, thou art unarmed.||Insult1|
|You shame this party by your mere presence.||
|You are a strong warrior. I respect that.||Compliment1|
|To die in battle is the most glorious death of all.||To death-general|
|'Tis a shame to lose such an accomplished warrior.||To death-specific|
|Thank you for your kind words.||To compliment1|
|I do not take such insults lightly.||
|Do not mock me!||To insult2|
|I have nothing to say to any of you.||Post break|
- Branwen article at the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the medieval fantasy universe named the Forgotten Realms.