Cernd is a human Shapeshifter, which is a class kit for druids. He is a potential companion in Baldur's Gate II. He will offer to join the party during the subquest: Animal Trouble in Trademeet. He was originally sent out to inspect the animal attacks in Trademeet, but he was caught by the townsmen while skulking around. When he joins the party, he only has two items which can only be used by him:
- Staff of the High Forest +2 staff which heals him 1 HP every 12 seconds.
- Cloak of the High Forest, which provides an armor class and saving throw bonus of +1, like Cloak of Protection +1. The cloak however can be worn when you are wearing a ring or amulet of protection.
|“||When asked about his past, Cernd declares in a steady and modest tone that it has been his honor to serve nature in whatever capacity she did call upon him. It is clear that he is a dedicated servant, and though his demeanor is contemplative and well measured, you are certain that he would not hesitate to risk himself if it would best the greater balance.||”|
- "Speak and I shall listen"
- "I could do no less"
- "Tell me what must be done"
- "If it serves the greater good"
- "Nature is at the ready"
- "I understand"
- "I am here to serve"
- "As you would have it"
- "Have you a problem?"
- "If you wish"
- "Nature acts in the simplest way"
- "Death is natural in the grand scheme, but this is not my time. Help me, please" (when at critical health.)
- "Each day's cycle must include rest. All of nature's creature suffer without it" (when tired)