Cespenar is an imp who flies around the Pocket Plane in Throne of Bhaal. He was originally Bhaal's butler and for a certain price and components, he can improve or fuse items to make them stronger. Although he can't be killed by Gorion's Ward, they can still hurt him. An exception to this is if Gorion's Ward becomes a mind flayer through the limited wish or shapechange spells, and attacks Cespenar with the mind flayer’s intelligence drain ability.
- Cespenar and CromwellBG II: ToB
This icon stands for the Throne of Bhaal campaign of classic Baldur's Gate IIare the only characters who can create items or improve existing items.BG II: SoA
This icon stands for the Shadows of Amn campaign of classic Baldur's Gate II
List of itemsEdit
- What? You uses sling? What is you, a big sissy? (on Erinne Sling)
- Mmm... old rations? Do you clean pack sometimes or just pretend?
- What's this? Stale cookie? (munching noises) Ugh... that is no cookie...
- Mmm? What's this? You gots hammer? Bhaal once drop hammer on big godly toe. Jump around and swear for days, he did. Kicked poor me all the way to Baator. Very bad week, that. (on Runehammer)
- Oooo... big weapon, this. You over-compensating, maybe? (On Carsomyr)
- Umm... Cespenar only serve the Great One. You'se nice maybe, but you'se still a nobody. (on Bhaal, when spoken to by someone other than Gorion's Ward)
- Mm. Cool bastard sword, oh yes. Why bastard, you think? No parent? (on Foebane)
- I keep looking, but I runnings out of recipes soon. Needs to find Marta, soon. She around Hell somewhere, I thinks. (Possibly a reference to Marta from Planescape: Torment)
- Stupid friggin' Bhaal... (indistinct grumbling) ...not even a friggin' pension!
- What's this? A book? Is good bedtime readings, maybe? Oh. Is Tome of Golems. Yuck! BOR-ing! (on Tome of Golems)
- Ooo! Shiny ones!
- Eh? A shower curtain? Oh, it's only a cloak! Nasty pattern that... (On Cloak of Protection +2)
- De, Dum, De, dum, De, De, Dum, I'se looking through stuff that ain't mine! De, Dum, De, De, Dum!
- A glove? Only one? What is you, a rock star?!
- Eh? Bag of rocks? What you do with so many rocks? Need for head? (On Case of Plenty)
- Ahhhhhh, the flail of many heads! (On Flail of the Ages)