Charisma, alongside with reputation, adjusts reaction – which influences interactions with NPCs, as well as modifying the purchase prices in stores. This score will also be checked (not shown in-game) during certain dialogues for various effects.
Scores table Edit
The effect on prices merchants are demanding for their wares is handled differently in the classic and enhanced editions of the games.
- In the original games the charisma of the party member who initiates dialogue with the merchant is taken into account, just as in other dialogues.
- In Baldur's Gate's and Baldur's Gate II's enhanced editions the charisma of the party member at the highest portrait position, the current "party leader" in the area of the merchant does count, no matter who initiated the dialogue.
|Charisma||Reaction adjustment for the talking character||Buying prices' adjustment|
Charisma score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- Tome of Leadership and Influence in BGBG:EE
- In BGII(SoA)BGII:EE(SoA) in Hell, choosing "good path" during Test of Wrath raises charisma and Wisdom by one point
- Machine of Lum the Mad - Watcher's Keep in ToBBGII:EE(ToB)
Temporary boosts Edit
- Ring of Human Influence
- Helm of Glory
- Nymph Cloak
- Algernon's Cloak
- Blade of Roses
- Plate of Balduran
- Sensate Amulet
- Friends - temporally raises charisma by 2d4