The Chromatic Orb spell creates a sphere which the caster throws at an enemy. Effects of the orb depend on the caster level:
- 1st level: deals 1-4 damage and blinds target for 1 round
- 2nd level: deals 1-4 damage and inflicts pain upon target
- 3rd level: deals 1-6 damage and burns target
- 4th level: deals 1-6 damage and blinds target for 1 turn
- 5th level: deals 1-8 damage and stuns target for 3 rounds
- 6th level: deals 1-8 damage and causes weakness in target
- 7th level: deals 1-10 damage and paralyzes target for 2 turns
- 10th level: deals 1-12 acid damage and turns target into stone
- 12th level: deals 2-16 acid damage and kills target instantly
The target receives a Saving Throw vs. Spell with +6 bonus against all secondary effects, but a successful save does not reduce damage dealt by the spell.
Where to obtain its scrollEdit
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of AmnEdit
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of BhaalEdit
Note: Spell descriptions shown in-game often differ significantly from their actual in-game implementations.
|“|| Chromatic Orb
This spell causes a 2-ft. diameter sphere to appear in the caster's hand. When thrown, the sphere heads unerringly to its target. The effect the orb has upon the target varies with the level of the caster. Each orb will do damage to the target against which there is no save and an effect against which the target must save vs. Spell with a +6 bonus:
NOTE: The victim saves vs. Spell with a +6 bonus against all the effects and gets no save against the damage.