The Cloakwood is a collection of four areas on the World Map which must be traversed to reach the Cloakwood Mine to complete Chapter 4 of the main storyline. Many side quests can be picked up and completed while making this journey.
The journey from Friendly Arm Inn to the Cloakwood Mine and back always passes through all four Cloakwood areas; there are no shortcuts once the areas are fully explored, and Cloakwood Mine leads to no new areas. Thus the full trip takes 64 hours either way, and is seldom completed without at least one ambush between areas.
Individual Areas Edit
- First Cloakwood — so far, not so bad — mostly beasts
- Second Cloakwood — spiders, web traps, spiders and more spiders
- Third Cloakwood — a few beasts, a few druids that may want to kill you
- Fourth Cloakwood — Wyverns rule!
And see also
Three potential companions can be found within the Cloakwood.
- Coran is a Chaotic Good Fighter/Thief found in the First Cloakwood area who is an impossibly good archer. Literally.
- Faldorn is a true Neutral Druid — Shadow Druid, actually — found in the Third Cloakwood area, who is an exceptionally good healer at high levels.