Baldur's Gate Wiki

Conjure Air Elemental

3,045pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Comments0 Share

When a wizard casts Conjure Air Elemental, he summons forth an air elemental and compels it to do his bidding.

In-game descriptionEdit

Conjure Air Elemental
Upon casting a Conjure Air Elemental spell, the caster opens a special gate to the Elemental Plane of Air, and an air elemental is summoned in the vicinity of the caster.There is a 60% chance that a 12-Hit Dice elemental appears, a 35% chance that a 16-Hit Dice greater elemental appears, and a 5% chance that a 24-Hit Dice elder elemental appears. The elemental will do the bidding of the caster until it is slain or the duration of the spell runs out.
All of the commands given to the elemental are done telepathically, so there is no time lost due to miscommunication and no need to know the language of the summoned creature.
The elemental is locked into a psychic contest with the caster for 3 rounds after being summoned. At the end of this time, if the caster has won, he has control of the elemental, however, if he has lost, the elemental goes berserk and tries to kill him.
However, every time this spell is cast, there is a 15% chance that the elemental will escape the instructions of the caster, go berserk, and attack the wizard who dared summon it. If it can't reach the summoner, it will fight its way toward him. This berserking elemental will also remain until slain or the spell's duration expires.
This does not prevent the use of other charm-type spells after the contest was lost. If charm spells are used before the contest is over, they will have no effect on the outcome.

Where to obtain its scrollEdit

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of AmnEdit

Baldur's Gate II: Throne of BhaalEdit


Air Elemental

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.