- Bernard the innkeeper, and old friend of Jaheira, can provide peasant or merchant rooms to sleep in. He also has a small variety of beers to choose from: Bitter Black Ale, Amnian Ale, Shadowdark Ale, Suz-Ale and Golden Sands.
- Frankie is in charge of welcoming the spectators to the pit fights. You can assist to a fight between a slave dwarf and a troll.
- Madam Nin offers to let you spend the night in the back rooms with a young lady or a young man, depending on your character's sex. Some party members will actively refuse this offer, such as Minsc or Anomen. Some party members will also prevent the main character from accepting the offer, such as Jaheira or Viconia. Interestingly, Edwina will gladly accept and hire a young male lover. Any interaction with Madam Nin has no impact on the story.
- Surly organizes dog fights in the common room's small pit. Gorion's Ward can bet on the dog fights.
- Lehtinan, the owner of the Copper Coronet. If you give him the right responses, he will let you see the backrooms.
- Salvanas, someone looking for female company. If Gorion's Ward is female, you can offer to sleep with him, in which case he will run off. Do not let Edwin go near him whilst he is polymorphed into a woman, otherwise Edwin will attack and the whole bar turns hostile.
- Unger Hilldark
- Lord Jierdan Firkraag
- Garoll, who if you buy him a drink, wil tell you about the "special entertainment" in the back rooms of the Copper Coronet.
- Tiana, who is looking for her missing husband, Rumar.
- Rumar, who is hiding from Tiana with his new lover Priss.
- Llynis, who you will need to speak to him in connection with the Teddy Bear quest.
- Madam Nin, who offers to let you spend the night in the back rooms with a young lady if you're male, or a young man, if you're female. Some party members will actively refuse this offer, such as Minsc or Anomen. Some party members will also prevent the main character from accepting the offer, such as Jaheira or Viconia. Interestingly, Edwina will gladly accept and hire a young male lover. Any interaction with Madam Nin has no impact on the story.
- Amalas, who you can fight in the fighting pits if Lehtinen is in charge.
- The Beastmaster
- Tabitha, the beastmaster's own tamed leopard
Nalia de'Arnise, Anomen Delryn, Korgan Bloodaxe, and Hexxat can all be recruited here, though for Nalia, Korgan, and Hexxat you will have to go through a sub-quest first. Also, if you dismissed either Minsc, Imoen or Edwin, they can all be found in the tavern if you want to re-hire them. Yoshimo can also be here if you dismissed him, but only before Chapter 4 due to plot reasons.
- Free Hendak and the Slaves - If freed from his cage in the backrooms, Hendak will kill Lehtinan and take over the bar. The key to the cage is found on the Beastmaster. Hendak will then offer the quest to eliminate the slavers in the Slums.
- Gain the Services of Sir Sarles for the Temple - Unger Hilldark will help to find 200 pounds of illithium ore.
- Investigate activities in the Copper Coronet's rooms
- Journey to the Windspear Hills - Firkraag will initiate the quest by asking help from the party.
- Mazzy has challenged Gorf the Squisher - Gorf and Mazzy can fight in the pits if Gorion's Ward decides to encourage the battle.
- Put the Spirit of the Child Wellyn to Rest
- The de'Arnise Keep has been Invaded - Nalia will initiate the quest by asking help from the party.