Coran is a chaotic good elf who can be found in the first part of Cloakwood standing at the middle of the bridge. He will ask you to join his plan in bringing the governor of Beregost a 'dragon's head', and if it is accepted, he will join the party. If his subquest is not completed within seven days, he will say something about it and will leave the party after another seven days have passed. In game canon, Coran adventured with the party during the events of Baldur's Gate, leaving the group some time before the final battle with Sarevok - he also at some point started a relationship with Safana. His starting equipment is: leather armor, a long bow, 20 arrows and a long sword.
When Coran is in the party when talking to Brielbara, it may cause a certain reaction.
- In Baldur's Gate, Coran has 20 dexterity (1 point over the Elf max, giving him a minor bonus to his thief skills) and three points in longbow (Mastery: +3 to-hit/damage, +1/2 attack) which player-made multiclass fighters cannot do, making him an exceptional archer, especially if given the Gauntlets of Ogre Power so that he can use composite bows.
Companion Quest Edit
|“||When asked about his past, Coran reveals that he hails from the Forest of Thethir, and while he has great memories of his time there, the serene lifestyle he felt it offered was ultimately not for him. Instead he traveled to the city of Baldur's Gate, dreaming of wealth, power and respect. With nary a coin to his name he resorted to thievery, stealing only from those that he felt who could spare it, and swearing that he would quit once he had enough to start his own business. Unfortunately he soon grew to love his new lifestyle, looking for hair-raising escape, dangerous break-in, or beautiful woman. Occasionally, he would need to leave town for a while, disappearing into the wilderness until things had cooled down and his name was less known. His most recent retreat is apparently the result of a relationship with the female sorceress Brielbara. He sheepishly admits to being caught in the act of seducing a female member of the Knights of the Unicorn, and being forced to flee from the violently jealous mage.||”|
- "What is your bidding?"
- "Life is adventure or nothing."
- "Luck be a lady."
- "I think we all deserve a pat on the back." (when party reputation increases)
- Whistle (When entering battle)
Baldur's Gate 2Edit
Coran also makes a cameo in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. He can be found northwest in the area in which the entrance to Suldanessellar is. He can't be recruited into the party again and he only requires your help to free Safana from the wolfweres.
- Coran re-appears in Murder in Baldur's Gate and in Legends of Baldur's Gate, which take place roughly 100 years after the games. He has become a nobleman and serves under Duke Ulder Ravengard. He also has a bastard son named Krydle, who is one of the main characters of Legends of Baldur's Gate and the follow up comics.