Dexterity is one of the six character abilities. At high levels it increases a character's armor class and their to-hit rolls with missile weapons. It's very important for thieves and bards especially, as dexterity gives a bonus to Thieving Abilities. Thieves, bards and rangers have a higher minimal requirement for dexterity.
Dexterity also determines starting value of the stealth ability of a ranger.
Scores table Baldur's Gate.Edit
|Ability score||Missile attack|
|Pick pockets||Open locks||Find / remove|
|Hide in Shadow|
|3||-3||+4||Impossible scores for thieves, bards, and rangers.|
|12||0||0||No bonus or penalty at these scores.|
Scores table Baldur's Gate IIEdit
Permanent dexterity boosts and penaltiesEdit
- Manual of Quickness of Action in Baldur's Gate (game) and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
- Machine of Lum the Mad in Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- The Star card from The Deck of Many Things: Grants +1 to your dexterity if you are a Thief or a Bard. Requires either BG2:EE or a fixpatch, otherwise you will receive +1 strength due to a coding error.
- Machine of Lum the Mad, entering the wrong code may result in a loss of 1 dexterity point.
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn in Hell, you can lose 1 points in dexterity in the test of Selfishness.
Dexterity boosting itemsEdit
- Gauntlets of Dexterity, they raise dexterity to 18, may also reduce dexterity of characters with a higher dexterity score.
- Shuruppak's Plate
- Potion of Mind Focusing
- Malla's Soul Stone
Dexterity altering spellsEdit
- Draw Upon Holy Might - increases your dexterity (as well as strength and constitution) by 1 per three cleric levels, 2nd level cleric spell. Also available as a good Bhaal power, though it is set to +2 and has a longer cast time.
- Baldur's Gate Manual
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn manual