A half-orc blackguard is a race/class combination off-limits to the player.
Baldur's Gate: EEEdit
For details on recruiting him see Dorn Il-Khan (quest). He will return to the Friendly Arm when he is removed from the party. His starting equipment is Splint Mail and his two-handed sword +1, Rancor, which gives him a +1 THAC0 bonus or +2 THAC0 bonus if someone is killed by the weapon in 24 hours.
His proficiency points are two in each of Two-Handed Swords and the Two-Handed Weapon Style.
When he joins the party, the party loses 2 reputation points.
|“||When you ask Dorn about his past, he says little. Despite your aid in fighting in former comrades, he seems slow to trust you with much personal information. From what you can piece together, the merciless half-orc hails from the north. You sense that he has been betrayed in the past, and you accept he would exact harsh vengeance on anyone who betrays him in the future. His single-minded goals have left him with few interests or hobbies aside from combat.||”|
Baldur's Gate II: EEEdit
Dorn initiates a number of reputation-damaging quests for an evil party to go on, culminating in him acquiring the Abyssal Blade for the party: a powerful +3 two-handed sword with additional effects depending on how you chose to complete the quest chain. Has effects that carry over into Throne of Bhaal.
Dorn can use Aura of Despair- a skill that is available to player-created Blackguards at level 3.
Aura of Despair- targets all enemies within 30 ft. with effects that improve based on the caster's level:
- 3rd level: -1 penalty to hit and damage rolls and a -2 penalty to Armor Class for 1 turn.
- 6th level: -2 penalty to hit and damage rolls and a -2 penalty to Armor Class for 1 turn.
- 15th level: -4 penalty to hit and damage rolls and a -4 penalty to Armor Class for 1 turn, causes fear in enemies of level 8 or below.
- 15th level: -4 penalty to hit and damage rolls and a -4 penalty to Armor Class for 1 turn, causes fear in enemies of level 18 or below.
- There is no saving throw against this ability.
Will romance PCs of any race or gender.
If Ajantis is in your party, they will almost certainly fight.
Baldur's Gate: EEEdit
- "Try to keep up."
- "Hrmm. A bold choice." (when made leader).
- "It shall be even bloodier than you hoped."
- "Speak and begone."
- "Be direct."
- "I will listen... for now."
- "Well met, Gorion's Ward. My blade is wasted in this place. Do you have need of it?" (when recruiting him).