A half-orc blackguard is a race/class combination off-limits to the player.
For details on recruiting him see Dorn Il-Khan (quest). He will return to the Friendly Arm when he is removed from the party. His starting equipment is Splint Mail and his two-handed sword +1, Rancor, which gives him a +1 THAC0 bonus or +2 THAC0 bonus if someone is killed by the weapon in 24 hours.
His proficiency points are two in each of Two-Handed Swords and the Two-Handed Weapon Style.
When he joins the party, the party loses 2 reputation points.
- If Ajantis is in your party, they will almost certainly fight
|“||When you ask Dorn about his past, he says little. Despite your aid in fighting in former comrades, he seems slow to trust you with much personal information. From what you can piece together, the merciless half-orc hails from the north. You sense that he has been betrayed in the past, and you accept he would exact harsh vengeance on anyone who betrays him in the future. His single-minded goals have left him with few interests or hobbies aside from combat.||”|
- "Try to keep up."
- "Hrmm. A bold choice." (when made leader).
- "It shall be even bloodier than you hoped."
- "Speak and begone."
- "Be direct."
- "I will listen... for now."
- "Well met, Gorion's Ward. My blade is wasted in this place. Do you have need of it?" (when recruiting him).
Dorn is held captive by crusaders, you can find him inside a prison cell in the crusader camp at Boareskyr Bridge in Chapter 9, releasing him will not draw hostage attentions from the crusaders, but any items you placed in his inventory before will be cleared and his level is reset to default.
Dorn initiates a number of reputation-damaging quests for an evil party to go on, culminating in him acquiring the Abyssal Blade for the party: a powerful +3 two-handed sword with additional effects depending on how you chose to complete the quest chain. Has effects that carry over into Throne of Bhaal.
- Will romance PCs of any race or gender
- Anomen and Keldorn will both come to blows with Dorn due to the nature of his joining quest.
- Will have banters with Rasaad in BG2:EE, telling him that Ur-Gothoz sees potential within him and offering him power. Rasaad turns him down.
- Has banters with Neera in BG2:EE, telling her that the use of wild magic despite its dangers shows that she has the same destructive streak and lust for power as he does.
- Dorn is one of the two only bi-/ pansexual companions in the game and the first officially homosexual character in the entire series.
- The other one is Captain Schael Corwin.
- Beamdog's CEO Trent Oster has declared on Twitter that Dorn's portrait is a composite of Nat Jones and himself.