This page about druids is made for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. See Druid (Baldur's Gate) for a specific version for Baldur's Gate.
Druids are priests dedicated to nature and balance and any disciplined druid is a true neutral character. They can use priest spells, but they all are related to nature and thereby have a fewer amount of spells available to them than clerics. Character abilities of the druid are Wisdom and Charisma.
Their weaponry and armor they are allowed to use due to their ethos is limited to equipment that is primitive, related to their rituals or made from material found on the surface. They can use daggers, staffs, slings, spears, clubs, scimitars and darts as weapons. They can use leather or hide armor to protect their body, or Ankheg Plate Mail and all headgear to protect themselves. They can use bucklers and small shield if their other hand is available.
Only humans and half-elves can become druids. Druids have two prime requisites: Wisdom and Charisma. They can only dual-class with fighters.
|Character ability||Min. requirement.||Max. number.|
- Prime Requisites for Dual-Classing. Humans Require a minimum of 15 in Wisdom and Charisma and a 17 in strength to dual class into a fighter..
Note: For the information of this table the human race was used, because they have no character bonuses/penalties related to race and therefore act like a 'neutral'. For other races this may be slightly different. See Character Abilities for more information.
Immunity to poisonEdit
At lvl 15, druids become immune to poison.
Druids gain 10% resistance to fire, cold, electricity and acid when they reach lvl 18. At lvl 21 and 24, they gain an additional bonus of 10%.
Druids unlock their shapeshifting abilities at lvl 7 and these are found under the special abilities. They can have three different forms to shapeshift to:
For the complete list of spells, see Spells (Baldur's Gate II). For the complete list of spell that can be used by clerics, druids and rangers, see Priest Spellbook (Baldur's Gate II). Here are all spells that can be used by druids.
The Totemic Druids closely identify with a particular animal, an animal that they feel represents their individual spirits. This grants the Toemic Druids a special connection to the animal kingdom, and they're able to call upon their spirits to aid them.
- May use the Summon Spirit Animal ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 5 levels thereafter. The Totemic Druids summon a special spirit animal (spirit bear, spirit wolf, spirit lion, or spirit snake) to aid them for 6 turns. The spirit animal has 1 HD at level 1, 3 HD at level 3, 5 HD at level 5, 7 HD at level 7, and 10 HD at level 10.
- Cannot use shapeshift
The Shapeshifters are not called Shapeshifter because they have assess to a great variety of forms, but rather because of their complete dedications to a single alternate form. Shapeshifters have willingly allowed themselves to become infected with lycanthropy, but due to intense study and training they have the ability to control their afflictions. The creatures they become are that of the werewolves, the most famous of the lycanthrope shape changers.
- May shapeshift into the form of a werewolf once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 2 levels thereafter
- 13th level: May shapeshift into a Greater Werewolf once per day
- Cannot wear any body armor (spells such as Barkskin and Iron Skins may still be used).
- No other shapeshifting abilities due to the effort required in maintaining balance in primary forms
A member of a special sect within the druidic order, a Druid of this type is dedicated to fighting those who would defile nature. Avengers have powers the average Druid does not - additional abilities that have been earned through extensive rituals, a process that is very physically draining.
- May Shapeshift into the form of a sword spider, baby wyvern and fire salamander in addition to the normal shapeshifting abilities
- 19th level: Gains an additional use of Shapeshift
- They have 6 spells from the Wizard Spellbook (Baldur's Gate II), up to level 6. The spells are: Chromatic Orb, Web, Lightning Bolt, Improved Invisibility, Chaos and Chain Lightning.
- May not wear heavier armor than leather
- When the character is created, it receives a -2 penalty to Strength and Constitution .
High-level class abilitiesEdit
Druids receive quest level priest spells which are added to the level 7 spellbook. The spells can only be selected once. To druids, these abilities become available when they reach lvl 15.
- Aura of Flaming Death
- Elemental Summoning
- Elemental Transformation (Fire)
- Elemental Transformation (Earth)
- Energy Blades
- Globe of Blades
- Greater Elemental Summoning, requires elemental summoning to be picked first.
- Mass Raise Dead
- Storm of Vengeance
- Summon Deva, only one can be picked, picking summon fallen deva makes summon deva unavailable.
- Summon Fallen Deva
|Spell level||Total # of|
Table for experience, hitpoints and weapon proficiency.Edit
|Level||Required experience||Hit Dice (d8)||Weapon proficiency|
|10||125,000||9 + 2|
|11||200,000||9 + 4|
|12||300,000||9 + 6||1|
|13||750,000||9 + 8|
|14||1,500,000||9 + 10|
|15||3,000,000||9 + 12|
|16||3,150,000||9 + 14||1|
|17||3,330,000||9 + 16|
|18||3,450,000||9 + 18|
|19||3,600,000||9 + 20|
|20||3,750,000||9 + 22||1|
|21||3,900,000||9 + 24|
|22||4,150,000||9 + 26|
|23||4,400,000||9 + 28|
|24||4,700,000||9 + 30||1|
|25||5,000,000||9 + 32|
|26||5,500,000||9 + 34|
|27||6,000,000||9 + 36|
|28||6,500,000||9 + 38||1|
|29||7,000,000||9 + 40|
|30||7,500,000||9 + 42|
|31||8,000,000||9 + 44|
|32||9 + 46||Total: 9|