|Durlag's Tower is one of the areas from the World Map.|
Durlag's Tower is an area added by the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack. Surviving in the area of Durlag's Tower is not really hard, but the building is one of most difficult areas in the game, especially the underground floors. They are filled with traps, monsters, and many encounters are deadly (even for max-level parties) without good tactics. It is recommended to have at least one Thief with a high find/disarm traps percentage - or with a Potion of Perception or Potion of Power, the former being sold by Erdane - and a full party with many different classes. Those willing to brave Durlag's Tower will find many unique treasures inside.
- Doppelgangers - randomly spawned, wandering the area, usually at night.
- Battle Horrors - three, in distinct locations.
- Basilisks - several atop the tower.
- Doom Guard - one, up a flight of stairs to the right of the main entrance.
Note: All of these begin in Ulgoth's Beard.
- There is a scimitar +2 called Rashad's Talon, (20) Acid Arrows and 104 gold pieces on top of the roof hidden in a chimney pipe. (2281,586)
- Tome of Understanding can be found on the 3rd floor above the ground.
- Staff Spear +2, can be found on the floors above the ground.
- The axe Wizard Slayer, can be found on the third underground floor in a fountain.
- Large Shield +2, on the floor after the game of chess.
- Krotan's Skullcrusher, on the floor after the game of chess.
- The Burning Earth, a burning longsword +1 which effective against undead and ice creatures.
- Staff of Striking, a quarterstaff which can inflict the most damage of all quarterstaves, but has a limited amount of charges.
- The equipment of Kiel Legion Killer, son of Durlag Trollkiller, which includes a helmet, morning star and a buckler.
- Durlag's Goblet, fully heals the user but bestows fear for 12 in-game hours, works great with Kiel's Helmet and fear immunity classes such as BlackguardBG:EE
- The Practical Defense, the second best set of plate mail armor found in Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
- Arla's Dragonbane, a sling +3. Can be found on the floor after the game of chess.
- Cloak of the Shield, a cloak with a limited amount of charges which can be used to provide protection against missile and physical attacks.
- The World's Edge, a two-Handed sword +3. Found on the King piece.