|“||Thy decency is refreshing when so many we meet are..... lacking||”|
Dynaheir and Minsc were originally sent to the Sword Coast as part of Minsc's 'dajemma' - a journey of self-discovery, during which he must protect her, gaining new insights and experiences in distant lands as a sort of 'rite of passage'. Unfortunately Dynaheir got separated from him, imprisoned at the Gnoll Stronghold.
Dynaheir is available to recruit from Baldur's Gate Chapter 2. Join with Minsc in Nashkel of his rescue attempt or look for her yourself in Gnoll Stronghold then bring her back to him, either way she has to pair with Minsc if you want to keep her. Alternatively, Edwin is also searching for a group in Nashkel with whom he can reach the stronghold, though he wishes to kill her in revenge for an unspecified wrong.
- Dynaheir gets along well with Ajantis, who may or may not have a bit of a crush on her.
- Dynaheir dislikes Alora, and will insult her with little to no provocation. This ire may be due in part to how friendly Alora is with Edwin. Alora, understandably, responds poorly to these insults and thinks Dynaheir is mean.
- Dynaheir thinks fairly highly of Branwen.
- Coran will flirt shamelessly with Dynaheir, but she subtly shuts him down.
- To say Dynaheir does not get along with Edwin is the understatement of the year. As a Wychlaran and a Red Wizard, the two dislike and distrust each other immensely, and of course there's the little issue of Edwin actively trying to kill her. The two will butt heads and eventually fight to the death if they're on the same party for any substantial amount of time.
- Eldoth finds Dynaheir intriguing and will attempt to put the moves on her. Dynaheir, however, will have none of it and turns him down. She dislikes him and has no problem with making her distaste for him known.
- Dynaheir dislikes Faldorn and will imply that she totally smells. Despite this, Faldorn has no quarrel with Dynaheir.
- Dynaheir thinks highly of Garrick, but Garrick does not share this view of Dynaheir, as he believes she is too rude towards his friends and needs to learn some manners.
- Dynaheir respects Jaheira, though Jaheira shows no indication of returning the sentiment.
- Kagain dislikes Dynaheir, and thinks she is an altruistic moron.
- Dynaheir respects Khalid and gets along well with him. While Khalid, for the most part, returns the sentiment, he does believe she is a bit too brutally honest and could stand to be more tactful.
- Minsc is Dynaheir's protector and the two are very close. Dynaheir, however, does seem to think Minsc is a little too overprotective at times. And, to be fair, Minsc is very protective. She also dislikes Boo, thinking him unclean, and wishes Minsc wouldn't always keep the hamster so close. Should Dynaheir and Edwin come to blows, Minsc will join in the battle on Dynaheir's side.
- Dynaheir dislikes Quayle, but then again, the majority of the game's potetntial companions dislike Quayle, and the remainder merely tolerate him.
- Skie feels more secure with Dynaheir around and considers her a good friend.
- Dynaheir and Tiax share a mutual dislike of each other.
- Dynaheir is one of the few characters Viconia actually respects.
- Xan respects Dynaheir and feels more secure with her around.
- Dynaheir thinks poorly of Xzar.
With a constitution score of 16, receiving the highest HP bonus a non-warrior class can get, capable of offensive magics such as Fireball at the time of joining, with the practical Slow Poison as a special ability at her disposal, Dynaheir is solid add on to the party. She's also the only Invoker in games, a specialist mage who gains one extra spell per spell level, but unable to master some late game shiners - enchantment spells like Greater Malison.
She has no items when she joins the party.
- In Enhanced Editions, companions who are under-leveled at the time of joining will be given a certain amount of experience points (XP) for you to manually level them up to gain more control of their status.
|Average party level||Level||XP||Gold||Hit Points||Weapon Proficiencies||Equipment||Known Spells|
|1.00 - 1.99||1||452||0||6 (Max possible:4+2)||
|2.00 - 2.99||2||2638||0||11 (Max possible:8+4)|
|3.00 - 4.99||4||11003||0||21 (Max possible:16+8)|
|5.00+||6||40653||0||31 (Max possible:24+12)||
|“|| When asked about her past, DYNAHEIR has very little to say. She is apparently from the far-eastern nation of Rashemen, and has come to the west with a bodyguard known as Minsc.|
Minsc is on his dajemma, a rite of passage, and it appears that she may be involved in something similar. Of this, she will only state that great things are foretold for the Sword Coast.
She seems very sure of herself, is possessed with an old-world sensibility, and is very demanding of her companions. She has expressed concerns about the sanity of her bodyguard, though she has an obvious respect for him and will not go far from his side.
|These odds are idiocy! Retreat!||Morale failure|
|This group shows promise exceptional.||Happy|
|Must I watch over this group as a nanny the child?!||Unhappy-annoyed|
|I cannot abide by this decision! 'Tis idiocy!||Unhappy-serious|
|Thy manner is inexplicably evil! I take my leave!||Unhappy-break|
|A wise choice to appoint the wiser.||Leader|
|*yawn* Magic does not nest well in a tired mind. I must sleep.||Tired|
|Might we move on?||Bored|
|For right! And I always am!||Battlecry1|
|By the Three, I—I do not feel well inside.||Hurt|
|Oh, such bustle! Why, the cities of Rashemen are empty compared.||City|
|Whatever thy need.||Select2|
|Thy wish my ear?||Select3|
|No less than done.||Action2|
|As well as I can.||Action3|
|Go here! Do that! What about MY needs?||Action4|
|These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.||Action5|
|Who art thou to touch me like you know me?!||Action6|
|Watch thee where thy place that pointer!||Action7|
|Ugh... Must thou keep that rodent so close? 'Tis surely unclean.||Interaction1|
|Stand easy, Minsc! Thy needs not be so motherly.||
|Evil to thy cause? Perhaps. However, those of decent nature know otherwise.||
|Any protection would be courtesy, not necessity. My power is no less than thine!||
|Thou shalt not question my will once I present thy neck to the othlor!||
|I'll thank thee to remain upwind. 'Tis hard to cast spells while I gag.||Insult1|
|Thy decency is refreshing when so many we meet are... lacking.||Compliment1|
|I should keep an eye towards Edwin. One can only expect treachery from his kind.||Special1|
|No more mistakes, people! We can afford no more losses!||To death-general|
|Minsc! Minsc... His mighty berserker wrath will not go unremembered.||To death-Minsc|
|Thou art right indeed. After my own heart.||To compliment1|
|Thou art fluent in compliments. Some might say effluent.||
|I pray thee did not kiss thy mother with that mouth.||To insult1|
(Reputation; post-break) "If thou dost no longer desire my companionship, then so be it. I shall not force myself where I am not wanted."
Dynaheir is available to recruit from Chapter 7 (SoD). She is found alongside with Minsc on the second floor of Three Old Kegs, after a short catch-up, they'll join your march towards the Dragonspear Castle against Caelar Argent's crusades, and like in BG1, She has to pair with Minsc.
Related quests Edit
Near the entrance to the Underground River caverns, you'll meet Julann and Rigah, a Wychalarn and a knight who are also on dejemma from Rashemen, they're considering joining the crusade. You have the following ways to deal with them:
- Simply leave them. You'll have to face them later during the Dragonspear Castle assault in Chapter 11.
- Kill them. You receive -1 point of reputation, 6000 XP, Dragon Blade +3 and other minor loots for the battle.
- Let them join the crusade. Dynaheir must be in party this way. You still earn 6000 XP but have to face them later like the way 1.
- Make Rigah turn against Julann. Dynaheir and Minsc must be in party and have talked to Rigah in a "depressing" way before you show Julann Hephernaan's Ritual Notes found in the caverns. Rigah will give you his Dragon Blade +3 before he vanishes.
- Expose Hephernaan's evil plans to them. Dynaheir and Minsc must be in party and have talked to Rigah in a "bolstering" way before you show Julann Hephernaan's Ritual Notes, you may also need high enough reaction and intelligence to successfully convince her. Julann will give you Rigah's Dragon Blade +3, you also earn 6000 XP and +1 point of reputation.
Beware, companions in SoD will still leave you if the party's reputation becomes too high or too low and ways of lowering reputation in SoD are both limited and miss-able.
- Edwin - They can't be in the same party
|“||When asked about her past, DYNAHEIR tells you only that she journeys on a private mission. Her goals, whatever they are, appear to line up with yours, and she seems happy to travel at your side. Dynaheir and her bodyguard, Minsc, come from the nation of Rashemen. Occasionally, they speak of their home. Dynaheir belongs to an order of spellcasters known as the Witches of Rashemen, ferocious enemies of the Red Wizards of Thay. The very mention of the hated Red Wizards brings a spark to Dynaheir's eyes and a snap to her voice.||”|
|Is it true an elven maid's ghost sometimes fills this place with song?||Initial meeting1|
|I am not a warrior to fight such a battle! I retreat!||Morale failure|
|This group shows promise... extraordinary.||Happy|
|Thy veerest too far from the path of right. Correct thine steps.||Unhappy-annoyed|
|I warn thee, for the last time, this is not the behavior I expect from thee. Look to mine example!||Unhappy-serious|
|I shall play no further role in thy machinations. Fare thee well.||Unhappy-break|
|A wise choice to appoint the wiser.||Leader|
|Magic does not nest well in a tired mind. *yawn* I must sleep.||Tired|
|My mind is powerful and craves activity. We should move forward.||Bored|
|'Tis my will!||Battlecry1|
|Suffer the wrath of the arcane!||Battlecry2|
|My magic will end thee!||Battlecry3|
|Varlets! Prepare for thine end!||Battlecry4|
|Doom draws close to thee!||Battlecry5|
|Thy must heal me!||Hurt|
|A pleasant enough walk, though I feel solitary so far from civilization's walls.||Forest|
|Many minds and much knowledge collected in such a small place.||City|
|Keep watch for ancient tomes or any scrolls that might contain lost arcana.||Dungeon|
|Ah, the sun smiles on thee!||Day|
|Shadows draw around thee. Remain on thy guard throughout the night.||Night|
|Done and done.||Action1|
|Whatever thy wills.||Action2|
|Thy wish for intelligent conversation?||Action4|
|Thee pestereth me with more demands!||Action5|
|Wouldst thou like to see a magic trick? There! I hast thy nose.||Action6|
|Thine asks—eh, I, I mean, thee, um— What do you want?||Action7|
|I promise thee, thy death shall not be in vain.||To death-general|
|Minsc! Only death could ever separate thou and I!||To death-Minsc|
|A wizard's might!||Critical hit|
|Another try I shall give.||Critical miss|
|This will not work. I must try a different tack.||Target immune|
|I am not a servant to carry so much. I have dropped it.||Inventory full|
|From thy purse to mine.||Picked pocket|
|Ah, I vanish.||Hidden in shadows|
|My power fails me!||Spell disrupted|
|I have crafted a trap.||Set a trap|
Regarding the game's canon, the five companions who accompany Gorion's Ward during the trip due south from the city of Baldur's Gate towards the country of Amn includes Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, and Dynaheir. At some point during this journey, they were set upon by the designs of Jon Irenicus, only to be captured, imprisoned, and tortured. While most survived the confines of the dungeon where the player first finds themselves, it would seem that Dynaheir died at some point prior to this, perhaps during the initial confrontation.
Dynaheir is the epitome of her alignment, often finding her actions to be righteous, while being critical of those who don't stack up. Her most unique characteristic would be that she exhibits a strange speech pattern, using the possessive instead of normal medieval pronouns; 'thy' instead of 'thee' or 'thou'. For example, "Whatever thy need" does make sense as "whatever your need is", but seeing as she also says "Thy called?" instead of "Thou called", it's probably is supposed to mean "whatever you have need of".
- Dynaheir article at the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the medieval fantasy universe named the Forgotten Realms.