Edventar's Gift, also known as the Ring of Free Action, is a magical ring that prevents the effects that hinder the wearer's movement.
- Dropped by Alai, a Fighter / Mage on the top floor of the Iron Throne Headquarters at the Baldur's Gate Docks during Chapter 5
- It can also be pick-pocketed from Dushai, the gnome near the entrance of Ulgoth's BeardBG: TotSC
This icon stands for Tales of the Sword Coast content of classic Baldur's GateBG: EE (2012)
This icon stands for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition without Siege of Dragonspear installed
- Gained as a reward for defeating five monsters who were summoned by interacting with a book in the Spellhold Level 2
|“|| Ring of Free Action: Edventar's Gift|
This ring was given to the reef scavenger and hunter known only as Edventar by a group of aquatic elves long his friends. His help in routing the "Pirate Queen" Yenandra of Dambrath was instrumental in their survival, though Yenandra continues to be feared anywhere the water meets land.
While equipped, the ring bestows Free Action which behaves differently, depending on game versions.
- In the classic Baldur's Gate the ring can be used in conjunction with the Boots of Speed, with the boots still providing the doubled movement rate.
- In the Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II the ring will render the character immune to any haste effect, same as the Free Action spell. On the other hand it grants stun immunity.
- The ring is also equipped by several more characters, though marked as undroppable and unstealable.
Note: Only creatures that have it assigned to an inventory slot, and thus can actually make use of it, are listed.
- A version of Sarevok, who might appear in the first challenge at the Pocket Plane, Retribution.
- The Knights of the Order from the same challenge.
- A version of Tamoko, appearing in the Plane's second challenge, Possibilities.
- It's also carried by three Favoreds of Cyric during the third challenge, Cyric, God of Murder.
- In addition there are variants of the ring with different stats, such as immunities missing or added. Again, only those that are of use for their bearer are listed. If equipped by someone, they won't be dropped nor are they stealable.
ALDETH.itm– Lacks immunities to effects on the movement rate and doesn't protect against Hold Person; carried by Aldeth Sashenstar.
MAGE05.itm– Same differences as above; equipped by Amarande, Davaeorn, Sunin and Winski Perorate,and by the Assassin in the Illithid Hideout in the Sewers.Baldur's Gate (1998)
This icon stands for classic Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast installed
FREERING.itm– Lacks immunities to effects on the movement rate; worn by Aec'Letec's Cult Guards.
JWSUPER.itm– An unused copy of the original ring.
ROSSRING.itm– An also unused cheat variant of the ring, with added 100 HP, 100% Magic Resistance and immunity to level drains.