Find the kidnappers who buried Tirdir is a side-quest in
which can be started in Athkatla's Graveyard.
This icon stands for the Shadows of Amn campaign of both classic versions and enhanced editions
- Click on the half filled grave to free Tirdir, who was buried alive. He will thank you and give you a Piece of Red Cloth that he tore from his kidnappers before they buried him so you may hunt down the men who have done this, and you earn 6500XP.
- Talk to the grave keeper Sethle. He will tell you that his contact can sometimes be found in the Athkatla Bridge district. Search the Bridge district for men and women in red clothing. By the house at the very south end of the area, you will see Am-Si. Confont him and he will flee into the Kidnappers' House.
- Enter the house after him and Am-Si will be killed by his co-conspirators for his incompetence. They run out of the house, but you can catch up with them on the street.
- After dealing with them, re-enter the building and search it. On the second floor you can Lady Elgea, who has been kidnapped by the band. You may:
- Free her during the initial meeting for 16750xp
- Tell her you haven't decided then free her for 8500xp
- Collect the ransom yourself - tell her to wait for your decision instead of speaking out your plan during the initial meeting (otherwise Keldorn will automatically free her if he's in party), pick up the Ransom Note from the cabinet along the wall, meet a nobleman named Welther at night by the Copper Coronet to retrieve the ransom. You'd lose 2 reputation, and do not receive any money, rather, a one of a kind item which is probably useless to you, unless you imported your character from the first game while holding a certain item you only could have obtained at the Friendly Arm Inn, upstairs, by talking to a nobleman while pretending to intend to wash his laundry. That, of course, mean Silver Pantaloons. You may also choose to return to where Lady Elgea is afterwards, hostile Amnish law enforcers await. (There're ways to avoid losing reputation - don't speak to Welther, just pickpocket him for the pantaloons. This way you can still go back to Lady Elgea to tell her go free to get the 8500xp)