Garrick is a Chaotic Neutral human Bard and a potential companion in Baldur's Gate, who can be found in Beregost. You will find him waiting outside the Burning Wizard. He will ask if you are willing to protect his mistress Silke for 300 gold; accept his offer and then complete the subquest, The Silke Dilemma, which leads to her death. Speak to Garrick again and allow him to join your party. Also, if you decline to help Silke and instead kill her he will request to join your party. He has the following items when joining the party:
Recruited at level 1, Garrick has 6 hp and the following Weapon Proficiencies:
- Short Sword +
- Crossbow +
Recruited at level 6, he has 20 hp and an additional Weapon Proficiency in Shortbow. The following mage spells are known
|Average party level||Level||XP||Gold||Hit Points||Weapon Proficiencies||Equipment||Known Spells|
|1.00 - 1.99||1||76||4||6 (1d6)||
|2.00 - 2.99||2||1270||11||10 (2d6)|
|3.00 - 4.99||4||5089||43||15 (4d6)||
|“||Garrick explains that he was part of a celebrated acting troupe called the Dale Wind Troubadours. They traveled the length of the coast from Neverwinter to Amn and often played to Dukes and other nobility. Indeed, few others could afford the cost of a performance when the group was at its peak. Garrick does not speak fondly of this time however, as the direction the group was taking left him dissatisfied with their conduct. He apparently discovered that performances were being used as distractions for thievery and declared he would have nothing to do with it. Rebuffed by his comrades, now he wishes simply to travel and play his music for those that will listen. He seems a bit young and naive, and a touch too ready to take the word of a stranger.||”|
Baldur's Gate IIEdit
He returns in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, but not as a party member. He can be found in the Athkatla Temple District trying (or rather failing) to woo a female temple knight of the Radiant Heart with the help of a gnome friend. Nervous, he fumbles the lines being recited and gets to saying inappropriate things. When Gorion's Ward talks with him, he vaguely remembers them, but he doesn't know how he met the party or any names of party members. After some time has passed, when revisiting the same location, the gnome has married the female temple knight and Garrick, who was playing at the wedding feast, met a woman from Calimshan, whom he accompanies to that southern nation. He won't be encountered again after this.
- "Yes, sir?"
- "I am at your service."
- "Life is glorious."
- "Give and spend, and the gods will send."
- "Make short the miles with talk and smiles."
- "Love makes the world go round."
- "Music has charms to soothe the savage breasts."
- "At once."
- "With god's speed."
- "With joy, sir!"
- "Hello there. I have a pretty proposal for you."
- "Brave brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick led the way. Brave brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick ran away." This is a reference to the minstrels of the cowardly Brave Sir Robin in Monty Python and The Holy Grail.
- "Once more unto the breach dear friends!" (battle cry)
- "If man is known by the company he keeps, I shall be known gloriously." (happy)
- "Why did we just do that?" (unhappy)
- "I can't stand by and just let this happen." (unhappy)
- "I'm sorry but I have to leave. I can't stomach what we do anymore." (leaving)
- "I feel a little unprepared for this job, but I'll try my best." (Becoming Leader)
- "A yawn is a silent shout." (tired)
- "A bored man is an angry man." (bored)
- "My goodness! I think I'm dying!" (badly wounded)
- "I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree." (in forest)
- "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood." (in city)
- "Perhaps you'd care to hear my music, Skie. It's very different and somewhat better than Eldoth's." (To Skie)
- "Why do you stay with Eldoth, Skie? Can't you see that he's just using you?" (To Skie)
- "Don't speak to Skie that way, Eldoth; she deserves better." (To Eldoth)
- "My music is superior to yours, Eldoth; I was taught at the college in Berdusk." (To Eldoth)
- "A girl of beauty is a joy forever." (to skie)
- "I think you need to learn some manners." (to tiax)
- "Thank you so very much for your most gracious compliment." (reply)
- "I don't know what I did to deserve THAT." (reply)
- "It takes two to make a quarrel." (reply)
- "I think you're an honorable person."
- "I don't remember knowing a more caring person."
- "The world is such a cruel place." (on death)
- "No! Why her? She didn't deserve this." (skies death)