The Gauntlets of Weapon Skill, better known as Xarrnous's Second Sword Arm, are a pair of gauntlets in Baldur's Gate, made to increase the chances of hitting enemies successfully: they offer a bonus of 1 to the wearer's THAC0.
- Loot from Larze in the Blushing Mermaid, Baldur's Gate Northeast; can also be stolen from him if one's fast enough
- Found in an unlocked chest just outside the Temple of Umberlee at the Baldur's Gate Docks
- Loot from the Female Thrall in the Astral Prison
- Sold by the Storekeep near the northwestern exit of Waukeen's PromenadeBG II: EE: SoA
This icon stands for the Shadows of Amn campaign of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
|“||Perhaps the most well known owner of these gauntlets was a mercenary, named Xarrnous. He specialized in smuggling, and frequently loaned these gauntlets to clients if they were to travel with him. In his eyes, an extra sword arm was always handy.||”|
- The Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise offer the same bonus to the THAC0, but with an additional +2 to damage.
- One pair lies in the inventory of Hack, the ogre warrior statue in the third basement of Durlag's Tower, though unequipped and thus neither used, dropped or stealable.
- Another pair is worn by the alternative Bhaalspawn, Gorion's Ward has to face in the second challenge on the Pocket Plane, though unstealable and not dropped.