|“||I killed two ogres with a bent fork and some bootblack once!||”|
Glint is available from Chapter 8, he makes his first appearance in the Flaming Fist Encampment at the Coast Way Crossing.
Like most gnomes, Glint has a very large family. His personal quest throughout the game is to track down a handful of his kinsmen and -women who live in the area, to make sure they are okay. Have Glint in party when talking to any of them:
- Hoach Randymonk, he's in Bridgefort in Chapter 9, you must have retrieved the Wardstone from the ruined Temple of Bhaal in Forest of Wyrms and use it on the magical runes at the east of the Boareskyr Bridge map to gain access to the fort.
- Pritchard Gardnerson, found in the center of Coalition Camp in Chapter 10, this part of the quest is also related to another quest Damius and Sempack give you. After the unpleasant conversion with him, Glint will ask you to teach him a lesson, force attack him (with a reputation loss of -2), when his health becomes critical Glint will tell you to stop and you'll receive his Pritchard's Family Stiletto, now go inform Damius and Sempack that you have dealt with Pritchard for some minor rewards.
- Barkersdottir (ghost), she's in the same cave where you'll find Ettin Club for Ettin Ghost's quest in Underground River caverns in Chapter 10.
- Rhonda Swiftfootsdottir, found in upper side of Warrens access from the Underground River caverns in Chapter 10, she’ll let Betror and Einer lift the machine for you if you haven’t already convinced them so you may now go to the Dragonspear Castle Basement.
You won't receive any reward for finding all his relatives.
Note: You’ll trigger a series of unexpected events after you have placed the Barrel of Bwoosh! in the Underground River or have met Hephernaan in the Dragonspear Castle Basement: all crusaders in the Underground River will become hostile, and the next time you return to the Coalition Camp, you won’t be able to freely explore the Dead Man's Pass otherwise the Dragonspear Castle Courtyard will also become inaccessible, plus once you go to the Coalition Camp after the event in the Pass, you’ll be forced to proceed to Chapter 11, rendering all related sidequests incomplete-able.
Gameplay analysis Edit
His default Weapon proficiencies are Flail/ Morningstar+, Sling+, and Sword & Shield Style+
His starting thieving skills are Open Locks 105, Find/ Remove Traps 100, Pick Pockets 30, Move Silently 30, Hide in Shadows 25, Detect Illusion 10, and Set Traps 5
|“|| When asked about his past, GLINT GARDNERSONSON tends to use three words where one will do and constantly breaks off on tangents as he speaks. Eventually, you learn that he comes from a large family and has always been seen as something of a troublemaker. He gained his nickname, "Three-Eyes," when his exasperated mother exclaimed that she needed three eyes to keep watch on him.
Glint happily expounds on his many adventures since leaving home; it's difficult to tell where reality ends and exaggeration begins. Though Glint initially ventured from Baldur's Gate in search of several missing relatives, he seems to have been caught up in the mission of ending Caelar's crusade.''
|You can't see me! I'm hiding! I'm hiding!||Morale failure|
|I've traveled with a lot of great people in the past. More than you might believe. But this is the best team ever.||Happy|
|Seriously? Seriously. We're making some seriously bad calls.||Unhappy-annoyed|
|I'm at the end of my rope here. There are ample opportunities elsewhere for a gnome of my caliber.||Unhappy-serious|
|That's it! I've had it with you and your poor leadership choices. I'm done. DONE!||Unhappy-break|
|Nobody panic! I'm in charge now. Well, perhaps you should panic after all. But don't!||Leader|
|My eyelids are as heavy as lead. Or steel. Or gold. Oooh, let's say gold! What I mean is, I'm tired.||Tired|
|If you don't give me something to do, I'll have to amuse myself, and NO ONE wants that.||Bored|
|Come at me!||Battlecry1|
|Death comes for you on short legs!||Battlecry3|
|I killed two ogres with a bent fork and some bootblack once!||Battlecry4|
|Destruction! Ruin! Mayhem! Other synonyms for death!||Battlecry5|
|My insides are becoming my outsides!||Hurt|
|I regret nothing...||Dying|
|Ah, fresh air and the beauty of nature! So... how long do we have to stay out here?||Forest|
|Look at all these marks—I, I mean, potential converts to the glory of Cloakshadow.||City|
|The Sly One protects us in the darkness. Good thing too, 'cause this place is nasty.||Dungeon|
|Without the sun, we'd have no shadows.||Day|
|Night time is the right time for sneaking!||Night|
|Time to go?||Select4|
|Trust no one.||Action4|
|I've done this a million times.||Action5|
|I've done this a million and ONE times.||Action6|
|Gnomes are the best! HUZZAH!||Action7|
|Do as ye will, but 'tis for naught! Tiax must rule!||Special1|
|Has Tiax mentioned he's going to rule? 'Tis inevitable.||Special2|
|Oh dear. That's an unfortunate turn of events.||To death-general|
|Neera! You can't die, not like this—there isn't nearly enough fire!||To death-Neera|
|Trust no one.||Select rare1|
|I've done this a million times.||
|In Baravar's name!||Critical hit|
|No one saw that.||Critical miss|
|This isn't doing any good!||Target immune|
|My pockets are a little full right now. Had to drop it.||Inventory full|
|Oooh, what have we here?||Picked pocket|
|It's the amazing vanishing gnome!||Hidden in shadows|
|Darn, lost the spell!||Spell disrupted|
|Trap's on the ground. Step carefully.||Set a trap|
- Glint's character portrait is based on one of the lead writers of the game, Andrew Foley.
- He is voiced by Jacob Burgess.
- Furthermore, he is the only exclusively gay companion in the series.