|45px||Gnoll Stronghold is one of the areas from the World Map.|
Gnoll Stronghold is an optional area. A single bridge spans the river and is the only path deeper into the stronghold area. Far side of the bridge is guarded by two Ogrillons: Gnarl and Hairtooth. They demand 200 gp to allow party to cross. By bargaining with them the toll can be reduced to 100 gp. Preferred method of dealing with the guards is to simply kill them since one of them is wearing Gauntlets of Dexterity.
The Gnolls sink whole tree sections (pilings) of appropriate lengths into the ground, to make crude but effective stair steps down into the pits they keep their prisoners in
Below the stronghold, there are three caves which can be entered.
- Tome Cave - 800, 2380: Two Xvarts and a container with:
- Carrion Crawler Cave - 580, 2080: Xvarts, and in the next chamber a Carrion Crawler, which can stun with melee attack.
- Xvart Cave southwest at 120, 3320
The player can post characters in areas they want kept clear; nothing will spawn in their field of vision.
- Non-respawning: Carrion Crawler, Gnolls, Gnoll Chieftain, Gnoll Veteran, Half-Ogres, Xvarts
- Respawning: Gnolls, Gnoll Elite, Gnoll Slashers, Gnoll Veterans, Xvarts