The Halberd is a combination of a spear and an axe. It requires two hands and 13 Strength to be wielded and it deals piercing or slashing damage, depending on which is better in a situtation, but only lists piercing damage in item descriptions. This item is dropped by gnolls, gnoll slashers and gnoll veterans and sold at all stores selling weapons. It appears in Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
|“||By far the oldest and most often used pole-arm, the halberd consists of a cleaver-like axe blade mounted on a staff averaging six feet in length. The axe blade is balanced at the rear with a fluke, and surmounted by a sharp spike, usually of quadrangular design. The fluke is sometimes replaced by a hook used to dismount cavalry. A halberd can be best described as a cross between a spear and an axe.||”|
- Spear - 1d6, piercing, two-handed
- Two-handed Sword - 1d10, slashing, two-handed
- Battle Axe - 1d8, slashing, one-handed
- Halberd +1 - found in Dryad Falls, within a cave.
- Suryris' Blade; +2 - dropped by one of Sarevok's minions.
- The Chesley CrusherBG:EE; +2, +6 damage, 1 attack - dropped by Ingot.
Baldur's Gate IIEdit
- Halberd +1 - found in multiple locations.
- Halberd +2 - found in a couple locations.
- Duskblade; +2, +2 cold dmg - found in Umar Hills, within the Ruined Temple.
- Harmonium Halberd; +3, +1S, -1I/W - sold at the Adventurer Mart.
- Dragon's Bane; +3, +6 vs dragons - found far beneath the Temple District.
- Drow Halberd; +3, sun susceptible - found in the Underdark
- Dragon's Breath; +4, +1 elemental - found in the Underdark.
- Halberd +3ToB - found in a couple locations.
- RavagerToB; +4/+6, multiple specials - found in the Marching Mountains.