Half-ogres Near Beregost is a side quest which can be started in the Jovial Juggler. In "classic" Baldur's Gate this quest is commonly referred to as Bjornin's Half-Ogres. Talk to Bjornin; he will tell you about the half-ogres in the Area Northwest of Nashkel, also known as Fisherman’s Lake. If you can't find Bjornin in the barroom of the Jovial Juggler, try the kitchen area in the back.
Travel to the Fisherman's Lake area and you should find four half-ogres north of the large lake. If you enter the area from the Red Canyons to the north, they will attack you the moment you arrive. After you have slain them, return to Bjornin for a Medium Shield +1 reward.
- Triggered By: Speaking to Bjornin
- Journal Section: Quests
- Quest Title: Half-ogres Near Beregost
- Entry Title: Half-ogres Near Beregost
- Quest Begins:
Bjornin, a paladin currently healing from his wounds in Beregost's Jovial Juggler Inn, has asked me to uproot a band of half-ogres. According to his report, they have been fortifying themselves in the mountains south-southwest of town.
- Quest Completed:
Bjornin is as generous as he is brave. For my efforts against the half-ogres, he gave me his splendid shield.
- In BG, this quest is bugged. The side-quest can be started and the half-ogres do appear in the area and can be killed, but it can't be completed, because the mechanic which allows Bjornin to see that the ogres have been killed is broken.
- Alternatively, it may have never been bugged, it may simply be time-sensitive, with a fairly short timer, or it may have a conflict with one of the many quests urging you to make haste for Nashkel. Try completing this quest before going to Nashkel and you may get a shiny new shield without having to install a mod.
- This bug is fixed in BG:EE.
- When you encounter them in the game, the "Half-ogres" will be called "Half Ogres."