The wearer immune to critical hits (as with all helms), and the helm also provides an continual Mind Shield status effect. The description is misleading as, even though it explicitly states it stops all forms of 'emotional manipulation,' only those that are stopped by Mind Shield are affected. Fear and panic status effects as well as the spell Emotion, are unimpeded by this helm.
- One can be bought from Bolumir, the priest of Tempus who sets shop in the chapel in the De'Arnise Keep if Gorion's Ward is a fighter, barbarian or monk and decides to take over the keep and the surrounding lands.
- One can be found in the Galvarey Estate which is unlocked after you accept the quest Find out What Happened to Montaron.
- One is dropped by Olaf Rassmusen, a slaver holed up in the second floor of the Guarded Compound, which can be found in the Temple District.
- One is dropped by Draug Fea, who is part of a strong party which tries to rob you in the Temple District sewers.
|“||As its name suggests. The Helm of Charm Protection protects its wearer from any magical attempts at emotional manipulation. As a precaution, some high-profile mercenary groups regularly equip their members with such helmets to ensure that they can perform their prescribed duties without external interference||”|
- This helmet exists in the game files of Baldur's Gate, but it doesn't appear in the game itself.