The Helmet or Helm of Charm Protection is a helmet in the Baldur's Gate series.
Baldur's Gate Edit
Shadows of Amn Edit
- Loot from Draug Fea, a member of Tarnor the Hatchetman's gang of bandits in the Athkatlan Temple District sewers.
- Loot from Olaf Rassmusen, one of the slave lords at the Guarded Compound in the same district.
- One is sold by Dawnmaster Kreel in the Athkatlan Temple of Lathander.
- Found behind a trapped (80) and locked (90) painting of an eye on the first floor of the Harper's hold on the Athkatla Docks (accessible after accepting the quest Find out What Happened to Montaron).
- One is sold by Bolumir of Tempus, the cleric who sets up shop in the chapel of the De'Arnise Keep if it becomes the stronghold of Gorion's Ward.
|“||As its name suggests, the Helm of Charm Protection protects its wearer from any magical attempts at emotional manipulation. As a precaution, some high-profile mercenary groups regularly equip their members with such helmets to ensure that they can perform their prescribed duties without external interference.||”|
- The wearer is immune to Critical Hits, as with all helmets, but this one also provides a continual form of a Mind Shield. The description is a bit misleading, however, as it explicitly states that it prevents from all kinds of "emotional manipulation," while it only stops those spells that fall under this status effect. Thus, fear, panic and emotion are unimpeded.
- The classic Baldur's Gate I version is similar to the Flaming Fist Soldier Helmet in appearance.
- A version of Sarevok, who might appear in the first challenge at the Pocket Plane, Retribution, wears an unstealable and not dropped, yet working Helm of Charm Protection.
- In the same challenge a version of Duke Eltan might appear in a different scenario, also wearing this unstealable and not dropped, but protecting helmet.