Investigate the circus tent is side quest and a companion quest. You can unlock the companion Aerie if you finish it.
- A guard outside the Circus tent in the Promenade will warn you that no one who has entered the tent has returned.
- Enter the circus tent and you will find yourself in a strange area. Answer the Genie's riddle (The Prince will be 30 and the Princess will be 40) for 19500 XP. You can also kill the genie, but that way you gain less experience (5000). There are illusionary werewolves and Shadows around the circular walkway surrounding the tower.
- Inside the tower, an ogre with a soft female voice will explain that everything is an illusion inside the tent and she will ask you to free her from her chain by giving the ogre The Ogre's Sword.
- Defeat the monsters, which look like peasants. Give the sword to Aerie.
- Enter the next area and defeat the illusionary Werewolves. A genie will appear and you may kill him but you must be quick to get him before he initiates dialogue and disappears off the map.
- Kalah, the mastermind behind the illusion, will be in the next room. Defeat him and his illusions before he can kill Quayle, a companion from Baldur's Gate
- Speak to the guard outside the tent again and he will thank you. You receive experience and gain 1 point to reputation.