Keldorn Firecam is an Inquisitor, a class kit for paladins. He can be recruited in Baldur's Gate II during the side quest Find and Destroy the Cult of the Unseeing. Keldorn is fighting some random undead creatures in the sewers underneath Athkatla Temple District when they meet. If the player mentions that he is trying to destroy this cult, he will join. Keldorn is probably one the companions with the best equipment, he has a two handed sword +2, Hallowed Redeemer which damage enemies attacking him and his armor, Firecam Full Plate Armor, offers good defense and Free Action like Spider's Bane. He also has a crossbow and some bolts as well. He has an estate in the Athkatla Government District.
Throne of BhaalEdit
When he is recruited in Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and he wasn't a member of the party at the end in Shadows of Amn, he will not have any items on him which may have been given to him during Shadows of Amn. He still has the Hallowed Redeemer and his full plate mail, but he will wear a standard helmet and he has a generic enchanted crossbow equipped.
|“||When asked about his past, Keldorn sighs and is forced to think for a moment before counting the number of years he has been a paladin of Torm in the service of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart. He has battled to protect the defenseless and punish the evil on more occasion than he can recall. A seasoned veteran with the scars to prove it, Keldorn speaks wistfully of retirement in the future and the opportunity to spend more time with his family. Upon their mention, however, Keldorn's attention wanders of and grows grim. Duty is more important than personal considerations, he whispers hardly, so long as the Order has need of him.||”|
Involved in subquestsEdit
Note: after helping him with his family affairs and allowing him to retire, he can't be recruited again during the game, until the chapters of Throne of Bhaal.
His long service has made him an experienced, wise character and he may act as a father figure. He has guided many knights-to-be, including Ajantis Ilvastarr and he is currently guiding Anomen Delryn.
In general, he can get along with good aligned and neutral aligned characters, with the exception for Nalia de'Arnise. At the start, his relations with Anomen Delryn are strained, but if he manages to get knighted, he and Keldorn get more cordial. His relations with evil aligned characters are rather hostile, he may even come to blows with some of them.
- "I am yours to direct, my friend."
- "I pledge my service, and my life if need be."
- "I await your order."
- "I stand ready."
- "I shall do my utmost."
- "I expected as such."
- "You have a plan?"
- "For the good."
- "In Torm's name, I shall serve."
- "Duty calls, I see."
- "Good is on our side this day!" (battle cry)
- "Keep a wary eye about... one never knows the form that danger can take in a place such as this." (when in a dungeon)
- "I have buried many fallen comrades... let us endavour to remain hale this day."
- "Evil appears deceptively insignificant in the daylight." (during the day)
- "We shall strike a deep blow into evil's heart! There is no more worthy a cause."
- "I shall do everything in my power to keep this group safe and on the path of right." (when made leader of the group)
- "By Torm, I shall strike you down!"
- "The pain nearly o'erwhelms me. If you have aid to offer, I would gladly partake of it." (critical health)
- "Torm take you!" (critical hit)
- "You will fall yet." (critical miss)
- "I approve heartily of the path that has been taken so far. The good has been upheld." (good Reputation)