|“||I-if you wish, but I-I'm not a very inspiring leader.||”|
Khalid is one of the canon party members who adventured with Gorion's Ward during the event of Baldur's Gate, alongside Imoen, Dynaheir, Minsc and his wife Jaheira. The couple are happily married to each other, and they are old friends of Gorion, who is a Harper, just like they are.
Khalid is available from Chapter 1. To hire him, travel to the Friendly Arm Inn, you will find him with his wife, Jaheira, at the bar. Explain who you are (Gorion's ward) and simply invite him to join.
Khalid has to pair with Jaheira.
- Jaheira and Khalid (There's a timer for this quest)
- Khalid is a loyal companion and a friend to those who have gained his trust. He stays true to the memory of his friend Gorion and will compliment Gorion's Ward should they follow in the footsteps of their father by maintaining a high Reputation.
Gameplay analysis Edit
|Average party level||Level||XP||Gold||Hit Points||Weapon Proficiencies||Equipment|
|1.00 - 1.99||1||42||11||13 (Max possible:10+3)||
|2.00 - 2.99||2||3138||14||24 (Max possible:20+6)|
|3.00 - 4.99||4||8037||17||44 (Max possible:40+12)||
|5.00+||6||33871||25||64 (Max possible:60+18)||
|“||When asked about his past, Khalid nervously reveals that he was born and raised in the nation of Calimshan. He does not say much of his parents, but you get the feeling that his merchant father thought little of him, devoting much more attention to Khalid's half brothers. Khalid thus threw himself into the martial pursuits, studying under members of the city militia. He doesn't go into detail on how he met Jaheira , but his adoration of her is obvious. When asked about how he knew Gorion, he will only say that they had long been friends, and that many shared acquaintances will mourn his loss with harpsong.||”|
- (Selecting) "Er..Eer...Can I help you?"
- (Selecting) "You have need of me?"
- (Selecting) "Waaaarrggh... -Ahem- ..er ..yes?"
- (Moving) "If none are better."
- (Moving) "I can but try."
- (Moving) "I'll do my best."
- (Clicking) "If at first I don't succeed, the wife won't let me forget."
- (Clicking) "Th-t-th-that's all Fo-f-fo-folks!"
- (Clicking) "Ch-ch-ch...- ch-ch-ch-chia!"
- (Clicking) "Click on someone your own size!"
- (Attacking) "Oh, my heart's really not in this.
- (Fatigued) -yawn- "I think much c-c-clearer with-with rest. Might we ...stop?"
- (Idle) "I prefer these long periods of relaxation. Lovely day for it."
- (Party Leader) "I-if you wish, but I-I'm not a very inspiring leader."
- (Low health) "Ah, I am getting weaker. I'll need a healer as soon as possible."
- (Morale failure) "Better part of valor! Better part of valor!"
- (Area; daytime) "Sunny or not, 'tis nice to enjoy the out-of-doors."
- (Area; nighttime) "Even with infravision I prefer the daylight."
- (Area; city) "Cities are always so intimidating, so many people."
- (Area; forest) "I am much more at ease in the forest."
- (Area; dungeon) "T-there are S-SO many places I would rather be."
- (Companion; death) "Another friend fallen. Does it never end?"
- (Companion; death - Jaheira) "Jah... Jaheira. No. NO!"
- (Companion; good banter) "Your honesty is refreshing, but lace it well with tact."
- (Companion; evil banter #1) "I don’t want to seem c-confrontational, but could you be a little less …well …evil."
- (Companion; evil banter #2) "I had thought none could be so beyond the bounds of goodness, certainly you need h-help."
- (Companion; evil end) "Usually everyone proves themselves but there is something disturbing about you."
- (Reputation; happy) "Gorion would be proud of your actions"
- (Reputation; unhappy) "Gorion would have none of this! 'Tis shameful!"
- (Reputation; angry) "I'll not have a part in this! Change your course lest I be forced to s-stop you!"
- (Reputation; breaking-point) "I will not allow this! It's - it's utterly evil!"
- (Reputation; post-break) "I c-cannot say that I have enjoyed our t-time together, but for the sake of Gorion I will not protest your actions further. If there is anything of him within you, you will ultimately turn out all right... though it does seem doubtful at the moment. Come Jaheira d-darling. We must leave this one to his chosen path."
Khalid won't be available until the end of Chapter 9 as he's been busy leading ally troops defending the Bridgefort against besiegers led by Caelar's trusted generals, you'll be given the choice of letting him join before you open the Bridgefort main gate, should you choose not to do so, you may find him later at southern part of Coalition Camp in Chapter 10.
Khalid needs Spider Silk to prepare an anniversary gift to surprise Jaheira, which you can find either in the spider lair in Forest of Wyrms or in Dead Man's Pass. He'll change his mind upon you presenting the silk to him.
Talk to him later, this time he needs an Aquamarine Gem, you may already have one for an imported save or you may find one in Underground River caverns on Ferrusk, either pickpocket or kill him, but note that he's also related to other two quests if you want the gem violently. Go back to Khalid and he'll complete the necklace with both components. Jaheira will ask your opinion of the gift, after the dialogue, The Gift appears in her inventory and you receive 3000 XP for your trouble.
According to the Bhaalspawn series canon, Khalid was in the party of Gorion's Ward after the events of Baldur's Gate, but just before the events of Shadows of Amn, they were captured by Jon Irenicus. Near the end of their imprisonment, Jon decided to sacrifice Khalid's life for the sake of an experiment. The party finds his lifeless body in a room near where the potential companion Yoshimo will be encountered.
Khalid is a rather shy and timid fellow whose speech is handicapped by a stutter, and thus tends to avoid crowds and cities. He is truly devoted to his wife Jaheira, though with both present in the party, one cannot help but fall under the impression that the wife is the one who "wears the trousers" in the union.