Korgan Bloodaxe is a Chaotic Evil dwarf berserker, which is a class kit for fighters. He is a potential companion in Baldur's Gate II. This dwarf can be found in the Copper Coronet inn, like Anomen and Nalia. He joins the party to find a book which was written by the lich Kaza. Korgan has the following items when he joins: a battle axe +1, 20 Throwing Axes, splint mail, a Helmet and a Small Shield. Korgan starts out with 5 profiency points in axes.
As a dwarf with 19 CON, Korgan enjoys a -5 bonus to his Death, Wands and Spells saving throws, as well as a +5 bonus to his hit points every level, up to level 9.
|“||When asked about his past, Korgan growls that unless you want to end up like the members of of his last scum-sucking, traitorous party, you'd best keep your over-curious nose to yourself. Seeing as the dwarf is only slightly short of a necklace of ears in proving his enjoyment of slaughter, you decide to obey his request.||”|
Involved in subquestsEdit
For the most part, Korgan is a crude, unpleasant, bloodthirsty brute and unbecoming of a typical dwarf. However, there are certain conversations that can reveal a slightly more thoughtful, sophisticated, and even soft side to him (some of the later conversations he can have with Mazzy, for example). His desire to kill largely overshadows this other side of him, however.
Korgan despises Nalia because she isn't very strong physically. He despises Aerie for this as well, and will eventually belittle her to the point where she demands that the player character remove Korgan from the group or she will leave.
He appears to be attracted to Mazzy Fentan, and will occasionally have banters where he hits on her.
Keldorn has a few interesting banters with him, involving the dichotomy of good and evil and even seems to admire Korgan's power while admonishing his dark nature and bloodthirstiness.
- "Be quick with it!"
- "I best be paid well for this..."
- "What do ya want, groundling?"
- "Hmph. I've killed for less..."
- "Me axe be bloody ready!"
- "Aye, that be soudin' right."
- "Aye, I'll do as you wish... fer now."
- "Aye, the dwarf'll bloody do it."
- "It nay be the decision I'd make..."
- "I'll do as ye tell, but only if there be a good amount of coin awaitin'!"
- "This tomb looks to be looted! The rank, stinking bastards beat us here! Those scroundels'll dine on me sup of cold steel 'afore I'm through with 'em!"
- "Thrice over their graves I'll be dancing, I swear! Stolen from under me! I do the work of ferretting out where the blasted book will be, and those crankgnats take it away!"
- "That's one fine mess that I done cleaned up. They did the killin', but I ends up with the gold, the book and the satisfaction o' kickin' their tails. A good day."
- "I've had better times drownin' face first in gutter-water, bleedin' from every orifice doncha know..."
- "Aye, now this be more like it! The first t' disobey me orders gets an axe in their skull!" (when made leader of the party).
- "Bark your orders, already."
- "And later I'll split your gut open. Heh heh."
- "What gives?"
- "Let's see what yer guts be lookin' like!" (battle cry)"
" 'bout time we got to business!" (battle cry)
- "Bloody forests. Bloody tree-huggers an' daisy-eaters. Burn 'em all..." (when in a forest)