Nalia family castle is under attack by trolls with a higher intelligence than average for their kind and she needs a group of adventurers who can take back the castle and save family members which are possibly held captive.
- Nalia and Viconia don't get along terribly well, owing largely to their opposing views about poor people. Nalia is very sympathetic and compassionate toward them, albeit while also being unintentionally condescending and naive about their plight. Viconia, by contrast, sees the poor as weak, pathetic, and deserving of little more than scorn.
Related quests Edit
- The de'Arnise Keep has been Invaded - Nalia will recruit the player and his party to free the de'Arnise Hold from its invaders
- Nalia is Abducted (Don't tarry too long in this quest or you can't keep her in group)
Gameplay analysis Edit
Nalia is an immediate replacement for Imoen, who is abducted as soon as the party escape from the dungeon. Nalia doesn't have special powers like Imoen, and her thieving skills are slightly lower, but she makes up for it by the possession of a unique a ring which grants a +2 bonus to all saving throws & armor class, plus 50& resistance to fire, and early availability to potentially gain more XP.
In-game biography Edit
|“||When asked about her past, Nalia is a bit hesitant. She comes from a wealthy land-owning family headed by the Lord d'Arnise and while she speaks about relatives with affection, the fact of her upbringing seems to embarrass her at the same time. Nalia clearly identifies more with the 'poorer classes'... but also looks upon them with the eyes of the privileged. She has been educated and taught the magical arts, as per her dead mother's wishes, but Nalia stated that her years of sneaking out of the castle have taught her the other side of life as well. She still has much to learn about life beyond the castle, however, and she knows it... and she is sure adventuring is the answer.||”|
- "I don't like cities much. They are built upon the backs of the unfortunate."
- "I am ready for anything"
- "Just ask, and I'll do it"
- "I'll certainly try"
- "What can I be of most use?"
- "My magic is at your command"
- "How can I help?"
- "Am I needed?"
- "Please, let me help"
- "Of course"
- "Evil falls today!"
- "Is that all? I would have hoped for more"
- "There is evil here...but there is also magic that can help us, I'd bet." (in Throne of Bhaal)
- "You fight, you die! You cannot match our power!" (in Throne of Bhaal)
- "Once this would all be beyond my imagination. That was a long time ago" (in Throne of Bhaal)
- "Just how I thought it would be, helping others and doing good things." (when reputation is high)
- "This isn't right, we're supposed be better than this" (when reputation is low)
- "I shall strive to help those all under me" (when appointed leader of group)