Nalia de'Arnise is a chaotic good human dual class thief (lvl 4) - mage and a potential companion for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Her family's castle is under attack by trolls with a higher intelligence than average for their kind and she needs a group of adventurers who can take back the castle and save family members which are possibly held captive. She is willing to pay the party. Nalia can be found in the Copper Coronet inn in the Athkatla Slums. When she joins the party, she has a shortbow & sword, 40 arrows and a ring which can only be worn by her. It grants a +2 bonus to all saving throws and armor class. It also gives her a resistance to fire damage of 50%.
|“||When asked about her past, Nalia is a bit hesitant. She comes from a wealthy land-owning family headed by the Lord d'Arnise and while she speaks about relatives with affection, the fact of her upbringing seems to embarrass her at the same time. Nalia clearly identifies more with the 'poorer classes'... but also looks upon them with the eyes of the privileged. She has been educated and taught the magical arts, as per her dead mother's wishes, but Nalia stated that her years of sneaking out of the castle have taught her the other side of life as well. She still has much to learn about life beyond the castle, however, and she knows it... and she is sure adventuring is the answer.||”|
Nalia and Viconia don't get along terribly well, owing largely to their opposing views about poor people. Nalia is very sympathetic and compassionate toward them, albeit while also being unintentionally condescending and naive about their plight. Viconia, by contrast, sees the poor as weak, pathetic, and deserving of little more than scorn.
- The de'Arnise Keep has been Invaded - Nalia will recruit the player and his party to free the de'Arnise Hold from its invaders.
- Nalia's father's funeral - About a week after liberating the de'Arnise keep, a messenger approaches Nalia and gives her a letter, requesting her to participate to her father's funeral in the Graveyard District.
- Nalia is Abducted
- "I don't like cities much. They are built upon the backs of the unfortunate."
- "I am ready for anything"
- "Just ask, and I'll do it"
- "I'll certainly try"
- "What can I be of most use?"
- "My magic is at your command"
- "How can I help?"
- "Am I needed?"
- "Please, let me help"
- "Of course"
- "Evil falls today!"
- "Is that all? I would have hoped for more"
- "There is evil here...but there is also magic that can help us, I'd bet." (in Throne of Bhaal)
- "You fight, you die! You cannot match our power!" (in Throne of Bhaal)
- "Once this would all be beyond my imagination. That was a long time ago" (in Throne of Bhaal)
- "Just how I thought it would be, helping others and doing good things." (when reputation is high)
- "This isn't right, we're supposed be better than this" (when reputation is low)
- "I shall strive to help those all under me" (when appointed leader of group)