|45px||Peldvale is one of the areas from the World Map.|
The Peldvale area sits east of the Friendly Arm Inn, but is generally not encountered until Chapter 3, en route to the Bandit Camp area to the north. Much of the area is taken up by four large lakes and two smaller lakes, and there are also a few cliffs and patches of impenetrable forest, making travel through the area a series of twists and turns.
- Viconia - 440, 710. An evil cleric and potential companion can be found in the north-western part of Peldvale
- Palin or Ted - 3378, 463. Which one you meet depends whether or not you have begun Chapter 3
- Raiken - 4209, 601. A bandit that will either introduce you to Tazok at the Bandit Camp or try to kill and/or rob you
The lakes in this area have quite a few barrels washed up on their shores, some of which are lootable for small amounts of gold. 65 gp can be found in four barrels:
- 1425, 3440 - 10 gp
- 1210, 1770 - 10 gp
- 4100, 2580 - 32 gp
- 2900, 2450 - 13 gp
Note: Locations are given for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Dudleyville.com does not give exact locations, but references "the four largest lakes." If this is correct, at least one of the locations shown above (the last one) was changed.
- Bandit, Black Talon Elite Mercenary, Gibberling, Flind, Cave Bear, Brown Bear, Black Bear, War Dog, Wild Dog, Huge Spider, Giant Spider, Wraith Spider.
- N: Bandit Camp (hidden until Chapter 3)
- W: three areas:
- S: two areas:
- E: no exit
Note: Some of these transitions and travel times seem unlikely, if not just plain wrong, when referencing the World Map(s). The map was revised somewhat for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, improving the plausibility of none of these transitions, instead worsening the situation for a few.