Shamans gain their power through alliances with powers of the "spirit world" and act as intermediaries between them and the corporeal inhabitants of the visible world, constantly aware of spirits that others cannot see, shamans fit unevenly into society, even compared with others who draw on the same power, such as druids.
Shaman may cast druid spells as well as several shaman-specific spells and HLAs.
Shamans only learn new spells when they reach certain levels, as a result, the number of different spells shamans know is very limited compared to druids. After selecting a desired spell to learn in the levelup screen, they need to rest before it can be cast, and each casting will subtract 1 from the total casting number of the spell level the spell is in. They will need to rest to replenish the total casting number of each spell level.
Only humans, half-elves, and half-orcs may become shaman.
Shaman may not dual-class.
Ability Scores TableEdit
|Character Ability Score||Minimum Score|
During character creation, rolls below the minimum value for the class will be increased to that value. This table uses the values for Humans, other Races have modified ability scores.
Shamans forge a divine connection with the natural world, similar to the way Druids commune with nature, but Shamans are more spiritual than primal. They directly tap into the energies that flow through the earth and air, through plants and animals, and even through the dead, and shape these energies to obey their will. Nowhere is this more evident than in their ability to summon powerful spirits as guardians and defenders. A being of two worlds, Shamans value balance over dominance.
- May only wear leather, studded leather, and hide armor
- May not equip shields larger than bucklers
- May only use the following weapons: dagger, club, spear, axe, quarterstaff, dart, sling, and shortbow
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in any fighting style
- May cast druidic spells
- Does not automatically learn all spells of a given level as Druids do. Instead, Shamans select new spells to learn at each level, which they can cast daily without memorization
- Gains immediate access to a number of Shaman-specific spells, which can be cast like any other: Spirit Ward, Writhing Fog, Spiritual Clarity, Spirit Fire, Recall Spirit, Spiritual Lock, and Ether Gate
- Gains use of Detect Illusion skill with 20% points as a base, with an additional 4 points per level, up to a maximum of 100% at level 20
- May use Shamanic Dance at will. Shamans can summon spirit allies by performing a ritualistic dance. While dancing, the Shaman takes a +4 penalty to Armor Class and cannot move, attack, cast spells, use items and special abilities, or perform any other activity. Each round while the Shaman dances, there is a 35% base chance plus 2% for each level of the Shaman that a spirit will answer the call, up to a maximum of 75% at level 20. Any summoned spirits will disappear if the Shaman moves, stops dancing, or if the spirits leave visual range. The spirits grow in power as the Shaman gains additional levels:
Level 1: Minor animal spirits (snake, fox, hound), up to 2 spirits at the same time
Level 6: Major animal spirits (bear, panther, boar), up to 3 spirits at the same time
Level 12: Minor nature spirits (lesser air spirit, lesser earth spirit, lesser fire spirit), up to 4 spirits at the same time
Level 18: Major nature spirits (air spirit, earth spirit, fire spirit), up to 5 spirits at the same time
The type of the summoned spirit is randomly determined from all the spirits available at the Shaman's level. For example, a level 12 Shaman will summon either a minor nature spirit, a major animal spirit or a minor animal spirit, but cannot choose which one appears. Spirits will do their best to protect the Shaman but are not controlled directly.
- Does not gain bonus spells per day for high Wisdom
- Alignment restricted to neutral good, true neutral, and neutral evil
- Ineligible for any stronghold (Affects only the Shadows of Amn campaign in
- Hit Die: d8
- May not Dual-class
- Companion M'Khiin Grubdoubler is a shaman
From lv 18, shamans receive quest level priests spells which are added to their level 7 spellbook, those spells can only be selected once.
- Aura of Flaming Death
- Elemental Summoning
- Energy Blades (priest)
- Ethereal Retribution
- Favored of the Spirits
- Globe of Blades
- Mass Raise Dead
- Spirit Form
- Storm of Vengeance
Spell progression Edit
The following table shows the progression of different druid spells known by the shaman base class:
|Spell lvl /|
Total # of
The following table shows the progression of the casting numbers of each spell level by the shaman base class.
|Spell lvl /|
Table for experience, hit points and weapon proficiency Edit
|Detect Illusion||Spirits answer chance %||No. of HLA|
Gameplay (community) Edit
~Write your insights below, different from the Gameplay section above, you may use your signatures here, example page~