Solve the Riddle of the Sewers is a side-quest in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. It can be started as early as chapter two.
- Enter the Sewers beneath the Slums through a secret door by the gladiator prison in the Copper Coronet in the Athkatla Slums. At the eastern section of the area, you will find a room with drain pipes, a voice will tell you that you must solve the riddle in order to gain a magical sword.
- Click on each of the drain pipes in the room to receive hints for the four different items you must find and the order the drains must be triggered.
- Stick your hands into the grating in the northwest corner of the sewers to find a Hand. The area was guarded by quite powerful monster.
- Take the Lover's Ring off the hand of one of the skeletons near the center of the area.
- Near the center of the sewers you can find the Shaman's Staff in the possession of a kobold shaman. Defeat him or buy the staff from him.
- Go to the southern corner of the area and kill Quallo's friend Carrion Crawler. Take the blood from the body.
- Speak to Quallo and he will give you some hints about the order the wards must be used to free the sword.
- About the hand: "It was Vallah's hand that cast the One into the depths. His suffering is of prime importance."
- About the ring: "It is not first, nor does belong in the third pipe."
- Quallo says nothing about the blood but turns away.
- About the staff: "The staff shall seal the bargain and prove your worth."
Collecting the rewardEdit
Return to the drain room with the four items and click on the drains in the following order: 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 4th. The magical sword Lilarcor will be added to the inventory and the party receives experience points.