This score adjusts to-hit and damage for all melee weapons as well as modifying damage for sling, thrown axes, daggers and hammers, it also determines weight capability and which equipment a character may wield plus the ability to bash doors, chests, though not as effective or rewarding as thieves' lock-picking skill. High strength will allow a character to bluff (checks are hidden) in some dialogues.
Scores table Edit
(melee, sling, thrown axes/daggers/hammers)
|Bashing||Weight allowance lb.|
Bashing allows a strong character to open a locked door or chest by force-attacking it. Like thieves' Pick Lock skill, Bashing works on a threshold system: if you're within 5 points of the target lock's difficulty you have a 50% chance of bashing it successfully; if you have equal to or greater than the lock's difficulty value, it's guaranteed, but even with 25 str, which can be achieved by turning into a slayer, it cannot go above 80 points, and does not grant experience for a successful bash,
Min. strength requirement for equipment Edit
These values are accurate for the base versions of these items. Enchanted or otherwise special versions may vary.
Strength score alteringEdit
- Manual of Gainful Exercise in BGTotSCBG:EE
- STAR card from the Deck of Many Things in ToBBGII:EE - grants +1 if not qualified in previous checks
- Machine of Lum the Mad in ToBBGII:EE
- Test of Wrath in Hell by the end of Shadows of Amn campaign, +2 reward for the 'evil path'
Potions set strength score to a specific value, may cause a reduction if the score is already higher than the value.
- Potion of Strength
- Potion of Hill Giant Strength
- Potion of Stone Giant Strength
- Potion of Frost Giant Strength
- Potion of Fire Giant Strength
- Potion of Cloud Giant Strength
- Potion of Storm Giant Strength
Equipment set strength score to a specific value, may cause a reduction if the score is already higher than the value, also render you immune to strength-draining effects.
- Crom Faeyr
- Angurvadal +5
- Gauntlets of Ogre Power
- Girdle of Hill Giant Strength
- Girdle of Stone Giant Strength
- Girdle of Frost Giant Strength
- Girdle of Fire Giant Strength
- Mauler's Arm
- Shield of Balduran, inflicts a -1 penalty to Strength
- Harmonium Halberd
Strength (spell), Strength of One set the strength score to a specific value, may cause a reduction if the score is already higher than the value.