The de'Arnise Keep has been Invaded is a companion quest given to you by Nalia de'Arnise upon meeting her in the Copper Coronet. In order to get Nalia as a companion, this quest must be completed within a reasonable amount of time of receiving the quest, otherwise Nalia will get angry and leave the party.
- Go to the City Gates District and travel to the de'Arnise Hold on your world map.
- Upon arriving, Nalia will tell you that trolls have taken her keep, and tells you to use the secret back entrance to the Servant's Quarters on the west side of the hold instead of the main gate.
- Make your way to the west side of the keep and you will find a palisade. Speak to Capitain Arat, who will give you fire arrows to help take down the trolls.
- Search along the west side of the keep to find a secret door. Open it and enter.
The Servants' QuartersEdit
- Complete level #1 and go outside to the courtyard. See the below picture for places and items of interest on the 1st floor.
- From the first floor, go out the door to the courtyard.
- Upon entering, four dogs will attack you. Kill them and pick up their meat. This will be explained later.
- Explore the rest of the courtyard and kill the trolls.
- Then, you will find the drawbridge controls. Use them to lower the drawbridge, and the de'Arnise guards will enter the keep to help you destroy the trolls. You will also gain 29,750 XP.
- Once you're done exploring, go back inside to level 1 of the keep.
- From there, go to the kitchen and empty your four dog meats into the cauldron in order to make the dog stew. This may seem useless at the moment, but it will come in very handy later. You will also gain 11,500 XP.
- Then, make your way to the stairs and go up to level 2 of the keep.
The Second LevelEdit
- Explore and loot the area.
- Eventually, you will find Delcia de'Arnise's quarters. After a quick exchange between her and Nalia, you may continue exploring, or else continue through the secret door in the back of the room.
- You will find a secret entrance down to the cellar. When you are ready, you may proceed.
- After entering the cellar, a couple of rooms in, you will run into several Umber Hulks. Here, you have 2 choices. Either try to take on the Umber Hulks for 4,000 XP a piece, or use that dog stew that you made earlier. To use the stew, cast Sanctuary on the companion holding the stew,and have them walk into the room with it, luring the umber hulks away to that big dead end in the southwest corner of the cellar. Doing this will give you 18,750 XP.
- After that, feel free to explore and loot the area.
- When you're done, prepare for a tough boss fight, then go through the door at the northeast end of the Umber Hulk room.
- Here you will find TorGal, the boss troll. Eliminate him and his buddies.
- Once done, go to the north of the room and you will find Nalia's father, who has been killed. Loot the room and TorGal's body for some money and minor treasure. Then proceed back outside.
- Nalia will thank you, pay you, and then offer to travel in your company. The party will receive 10,650 XP.
If you are playing a Fighter, Monk, or Barbarian, the quest does not end here. You can get the de'Arnise Hold as your stronghold. See Ruling the de'Arnise Keep and Lands for a walkthrough of the stronghold quests.
Once you have collected all the flail heads from the keep, go to the forge on Level 1 to make the Flail of Ages. This must be done before you exit the keep, (after defeating TorGal), or else you will not be able to come back to forge unless you are a Fighter, Monk or Barbarian, and you will miss out on a +3 flail and lots of XP.