Tiax is a Chaotic Evil gnome cleric/thief found near the Flaming Fist headquarters in Baldur's Gate at 1440, 1610. He does not have a quest which needs to be completed if you want him to stay in your party for a long time. His starting equipment is a mace, leather armor, a sling and 15 bullets. He has delusions of grandeur, believing he is chosen by Cyric to achieve world domination.
- Tiax's special ability is Summon Ghast, which is very useful against basilisks and sirines because ghasts (as undead) are immune to petrification and charm. Despite its slow movement, the ghast is one of the best offensive summons, having 3 attacks per round that will paralyze opponents with successful hits unless target saves vs. death and/or cause disease unless target saves vs breath.
As a gnome with 16 CON, Tiax has a -4 bonus on saves vs. Spells and Wands.
Baldur's Gate IIEdit
In Shadows of Amn, Tiax is in a cell in the asylum Spellhold, a place where the Cowled Wizards keep their prisoners. He is put there because of his want for world domination as it would cause destruction if he tried. He cannot be recruited.
|“||When asked about his past, Tiax ignores you entirely, preferring instead to loudly proclaim what is in store for his future. He obviously worships Cyric, but also seems to share a touch of his madness. Tiax unquestioningly believes that he is destined to rule the world, and his fervor makes him blind to the ridiculous nature of the goal. He seems harmless for now.||”|
Tiax is quite insane and lives under the delusion of grandeur. He believes he was chosen by Cyric himself to rule over all and his ego far surpasses his stature or abilities. Most of the time he is oblivious to anyone other than himself.
He will eventually come to disdain the other gnome companion in the game (Quayle) and express relief should the latter die.
- Tiax rules all!!!
- You are but grease stains on the wheel of time compared to Tiax!
- Tiax does as ye will, but one day... BOOM! He rules! Heh-heh.
- The day comes when Tiax will point and click!
- Ya lil' monkey-spanker.
- When Tiax rules, breeches shall not ride up so wedge-like!
- Tiax will rule... From a distance. (on running away)
- You have disturbed Tiax the Grand again! Such insolence! Tiax will place a mark of shame upon your forehead! All will know your treachery!
- Eh... it would appear that... the great and... mighty Tiax... has shrunk his undergarments... three sizes this day.
- Excuse... the mighty Tiax... while he catches his... his breath... He will rule... later. (on being Fatigued)
- Who dares prod Tiax?
- Ha Ha! Smart guy dies! But Tiax goes on to RULE! (On Quayle's death)