Vampires are powerful undead creatures that feed upon the blood of the living, granting them great strength and formidable supernatural abilities.
During the main questline, vampires periodically appear in scripted events around Athkatla. During some encounters, they seem to be attempting to turn some Shadow Thieves to their cause. Sometimes, they succeed, while in other encounters, the vampires can be slain by the Shadow Thieves if Gorion's Ward and their party assist them. Most notably, they appear as the members of the 'thieves' guild' trying to overthrow the Shadow Thieves.
- Bodhi - Sister of Jon Irenicus and the secondary antagonist of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. She is responsible for the creation of the guild competing with the Shadow Thieves, and Gorion's Ward may choose to either help or oppose her
- Dace Sontan - Unwilling minion of Bodhi, forced to guard the means of escaping Spellhold
- Ulvaryl - The first vampire encountered in the game. She is found taunting some Shadow Thieves in the second part of Irenicus' Dungeon. If she is not destroyed quickly (within 10–15 seconds or so), she assumes gaseous form and escapes, immune to damage. Destroying her awards 8000 XP
- Tanova - While Tanova may be found fairly early during a random encounter, she is inevitably destroyed later in the game during the attack on Bodhi's Dungeon
- Hareishan - Met during a random encounter in Athkatla, it is not known if this is the same Hareishan from Baldur's Gate
- Hexxat - A vampire thief and potential companion comes with many related side quests