|“||Hey there kid, nothing to see here.||”|
Watchers are the foot soldiers of The Candlekeep Watchers.
They wear standard decorative helmets with a black color scheme. This was changed to red in BG:EE.
Things that Watchers may say to you:
- "Thankfully quiet here today, as usual. I hear there are problems outside, though; something about an iron shortage."
- "Winthrop has kept his prices as low as he could, but I expect that to change soon. It's been weeks since a trading caravan has made it here."
- "It is a good thing we are not called upon to defend Candlekeep more often. I've a cousin in Nashkel that sent word of an iron shortage that is beginning to cripple their local guards."
- "I was in one of the great spires of the keep last night, and saw the strangest sight. The horizon was aglow for a time, as though many a man carried torches in the distance. Usually there are only merchants on that path, though never at night. Bandits perhaps, but so many?"
The Watcher in the Barracks says just one thing:
- "Sorry, young one, but ye're not to be allowed in here. Now go run along and do somthun' useful."