Wilson is available to recruit from Chapter 2. Speak to Zaviak in the Hidden Refuge and agree to find Wilson for him, you'll encounter the bear during Rasaad's companion quest near the entrance of the Heretic Temple. The bear will follow you when you return to the starting zone of this area after you free him, either by purchasing him for 1000 or killing his captor Jolstead.
His powers increase with levels:
- Strength and Regeneration rate improve by 1 every 8 levels, starting at 19 STR and 1 HP/turn.
- Gains a 1/2 attack per round and -2 Base AC every 6 levels up to -2 AC at level 24.
- His claws (and bites) gain +1 to their enchantment level and proficiency points every 6 levels.
His attacks also have 15% chance to Hug enemy for an extra 2d6 crushing damage every hit.
Can drink healing potions but nothing else. Cannot wear anything. Cannot initiate conversations manually.
In-game biography Edit
|“||A bear of refined taste and delicate sensibilities, Wilson spent his first five years living an idyllic life in the wild. This was shattered when he was captured by a man named Jolstead, a cruel trapper who sold his victims to the highest bidder. Though imprisoned and forced to live in deplorable conditions, Wilson nevertheless retained his innate optimism for the future and a remarkably gentle nature for a bloody great bear.||”|
Quotes, growls and snorts Edit
|Whine. Grrr!||Morale failure|
|Sniff sniff sniff sniff SNORT sniff...||Tired|
|Keep yer pants on, buddy.||
Wilson speaks in growls and snorts, which only Gorion's Ward and Zaviak seem to be able to understand. Judging by how they treat him, he is a remarkably gentle, 'well-spoken' and cheerful grizzly.
- Having Wilson in your party allows you access to Spellhold, just like having Minsc in your party does.
- Because Wilson has no race listed, any dialogue initiated with him which refers to race (such as Mencar Pebblecrusher's taunts) will be left blank.
- Wilson article at the Forgotten Realms Wiki, a wiki for the medieval fantasy universe named the Forgotten Realms.