This score is very important for clerics and druids, as a high wisdom grants extra spell slots per spelllevel, the bonuses are cumulative, eg. a cleric with 15 wisdom will have two extra level 1 spellslots plus one extra level 2 spellslot. Rangers and paladins do not gain such bonus – their spell slots are determined solely by their exp level.
Though original manuals suggest otherwise, it is worth noting that magic defense, saving throws adjustments and spell failure % are not implemented in actual gaming.
Cumulative extra spell slots per spelllevel for cleric, druid
Wisdom score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- In BGTotSCBG:EE, one Tomes of Understanding can be found floors above ground in Durlag's Tower; another one lies in the Candlekeep Catacombs accessible during Chapter 6; a third is carried by Chanthalas Ulbright in Baldur's Gate city west, who's involved in Marek and Lothander side quest, as the quest is mandatory, you have to kill/pickpocket the person you are meant to give it to afterwards
- The "good path" during Test of Wrath in Hell in BGII(SoA)BGII:EE(SoA) raises charisma and wisdom by one point
- STAR card from Deck of Many Things grants +1 to your wisdom if user is Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Fighter/Cleric, Cleric/Thief, Fighter/Druid, or Cleric/Ranger.
- Machine of Lum the Mad in ToBBGII:EE(ToB)
Temporary altering Edit
- Wisdom drain of Kachiko's Wakizashi sold by Joluv in BGII(SoA)BGII:EE(SoA) , having a high wisdom score helps surviving drain longer
- Axe of Hrothgar +1 to WIS and CHA, sold by Joluv
- Silver Ioun Stone +1 to WIS