This score is very important for clerics and druids, as a high wisdom grants extra spell slots per spelllevel, the bonuses are cumulative, eg. a cleric with 15 wisdom will have two extra level 1 spellslots plus one extra level 2 spellslot. Rangers and paladins do not gain such bonus – their spell slots are determined solely by their exp level.
This icon stands for classic Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast installed
Though original manuals suggest otherwise, it is worth noting that magic defense, saving throws adjustments and spell failure % are not implemented in actual gaming.
Cumulative extra spell slots per spelllevel for cleric, druid
Wisdom score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- In Baldur's Gate (1998)
This icon stands for classic Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast installed, one Tomes of Understanding can be found floors above ground in Durlag's Tower; another one lies in the Candlekeep Catacombs accessible during Chapter 6; a third is carried by Chanthalas Ulbright in Baldur's Gate city west, who's involved in Marek and Lothander side quest, as the quest is mandatory, you have to kill/pickpocket the person you are meant to give it to afterwardsBG: EE
This icon stands for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition without Siege of Dragonspear installed
- The "good path" during Test of Wrath in Hell in (SoA) raises charisma and wisdom by one point
- STAR card from Deck of Many Things grants +1 to your wisdom if user is Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Fighter/Cleric, Cleric/Thief, Fighter/Druid, or Cleric/Ranger.
- Machine of Lum the Mad in
Temporary altering Edit
- Wisdom drain of Kachiko's Wakizashi sold by Joluv in
- Axe of Hrothgar +1 to WIS and CHA, sold by Joluv
- Silver Ioun Stone +1 to WIS