This score is very important for clerics and druids, as a high wisdom grants extra spell slots per spelllevel, the bonuses are cumulative, eg. a cleric with 15 wisdom will have two extra level 1 spellslots plus one extra level 2 spellslot. Rangers and paladins do not gain such bonus – their spell slots are determined solely by their exp level.
Though original manuals suggest otherwise, it is worth noting that magic defense, saving throws adjustments and spell failure % are not implemented in actual gaming.
|Wisdom||Extra spell slots per spell lvl|
This icon stands for all enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate games
Wisdom score altering Edit
Permanent boosts Edit
- Baldur's Gate (1998)
This icon stands for classic Baldur's Gate without Tales of the Sword Coast installedBG: TotSC
This icon stands for Tales of the Sword Coast content of classic Baldur's Gate- One Tomes of Understanding can be found floors above ground in Durlag's Tower; another one lies in the Candlekeep Catacombs accessible during Chapter 6; a third is carried by Chanthalas Ulbright in Baldur's Gate city west, who's involved in Marek and Lothander side quest, as the quest is mandatory, you have to kill/pickpocket the person you are meant to give it to afterwardsBG: EE (2012)
This icon stands for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition without Siege of Dragonspear installed
- - The "good path" during Test of Wrath in Hell, raising charisma and wisdom by one point
- - STAR card from Deck of Many Things grants +1 to your wisdom if user is Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Fighter/Cleric, Cleric/Thief, Fighter/Druid, or Cleric/Ranger.
- - Machine of Lum the Mad
Temporary altering Edit
- - Wisdom drain of Kachiko's Wakizashi sold by Joluv
- - Axe of Hrothgar +1 to WIS and CHA, sold by Joluv
- - Silver Ioun Stone +1 to WIS